Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Errr, No!..

..Rossi's reputation has been dented, because of his suggestion Casey hadn't been trying in his last season on the Ducati, that was then followed up by JB's assertion that they'd have that bike fixed in 80 seconds. Talk shit like that and you're open to criticism in my book. Don't get me wrong, I've all along wanted to see Rossi do well and as a race fan I've nothing but respect for him. I do however lose patience with some of his supporters who seem to think personality is more important than spectacle. Afternoon Wosi...!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario, get a grip.

They all crash, every single one of them! What is the point in singling out Stoner, I could quite easily do the same with Rossi or Pedrosa or any old sap. They all crash, it was just unfortunate Casey's crash ended so badly for him. Are you suggesting they're all crap??...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I have at no time said anyone was crap chr

I've merely pointed out that casey has been beaten fairly and squarely by his team mate this year. Yes casey crashed, but it was all his own work. Its also worth remebering that Dani beat casey by 78 points. More that the total of 3 potential wins. So the points lost from stoners crash are academic in any case. He was beaten. End of. Show me how he wasn't. Present a reasonable argument, without pointing to the irrelevant past.

Reply to this Topic
twistedrider

Jul 09

twistedrider says:

See you later alligator. Good riddance!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario, I really expected more of you..

..you're normally a reasonable voice on this forum - why are you playing silly games? You have stated more than once, that anyone crashing can't be good, which leads to me to surmise you think they're crap ( it's the opposite of you see! ). If that's your view, then good on you, but it's certainly not mine..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Also Soup..

..I've already conceded Dani was the better rider the 2nd half of the season, I'm not trying to do anything else.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Laguna Seca

I will always carry the memory of the last two years of Stoner doing the flat out pass done the front straight then getting it pulled up and around the hairpin.

This truly took courage, skill and race craft. To work out how to get it done in the first place in 2011 shows a level of brilliance a lot seem to overlook. 

Who else in the paddock has the good to try the same?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

History........

........will show that Stoner ruled during his years aboard a factory MotoGp ride. There endeth the sermon gentlemen.

Not too shabby a record.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Well it'll show he was in the title fight twice in 10 years, he won both which deserves huge qudos but the history books will also show all the championships he was involved in where he wasn't even close as well, and that leaves a couple of awfully big gaps in his 'domination'. A contender in only 17.33% of his career..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"You have stated more than once, that anyone crashing can't be good"

Thats not strictly true though is it chr. What I have said is that anyone who crashes by themselves has made a mistake, and must accept responsibility for the consequences, including the loss of points. Its all part of the season long game. As stated many posts ago, its not enough to be fast on occassion, to be truly great you need to be consistently fast all season long. Its what seperates the men from the boys. I'm sorry your disappointed chr, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices