Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

A contender in only 17.33% of his career..

Has our resident percentages expert given the okay on that?.........corny!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"You don't crash a bike because your a good rider"

Mario, these are the actual words you used. So it is absolutely true, stop squirming and take it on the chin. I don't understand the point if any you're trying to make. You say " its not enough to be fast on occassion, to be truly great you need to be consistently fast all season long. Its what seperates the men from the boys." Are you suggesting Stoner doesn't fall within that category? - Have you been watching the racing longer than a year?..It's a disingenuous and frankly childish viewpoint, based I would imagine on just trying to get a rise...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Take what on the chin you idiot?

I don't need to squirm as I have no problem with what I've said. Deal with it, or don't, I really couldn't give a fk

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Seems to me the problem here

is that you don't like me pointing out that casey was beaten by his team mate. Like so many you twist and turn and talk about what happened at the midway point of the season and desperately search for some way of suggesting that stoner is the greatest rider out there. But he isn't. Even without the injury he wouldn't have beaten Pedrosa, and he certainly wouldn't have beaten Lorenzo. He is exactly where he deserves to be. Third.

Spin it any way you want, but the history books will reflect exactly that.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ah, Bless.

Have I upset you?..You're trying so hard to pretend all this doesn't matter, but I can feel your anger rising. You're struggling to stay calm because you can see this conversation slipping through your grasp. Trouble is you're boring me now, and that's a terrible crime to inflict on anybody..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Dear Mr. Ezpeleta

My friends and I feel its unfair that casey stoner didn't win the title this year  even though he was beaten fairly and squarely by Lorenzo and his own team mate on the same machinery. We feel that  our opinion of casey being the greatest rider that ever was, is far more valid than the actual facts, so if you could please re-run the championship again and again and keep doing so until casey finally wins it, that'd be great. Otherwise it makes my friends and I look like a bunch of deluded idiots. Lots of love chr, nostro, bluto etc  xxxxxxxxxx

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

have you been at the sherry again Rev?..

122,000 at Phillip Island over the 3 days. 25% up on last year.. The Australians have a term for someone like you. Dumber than a wagon load of rocks...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wrong again. You really must go to confession..

52,000 race day.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

SuperTroll and Ben10

SM - " to be truly great you need to be consistently fast all season long. Its what seperates (sic) the men from the boys"

So in 2006 Nicky Hayden was "truly great" with his 2 victories on his way to the MotoGP championship, whilst Valentino Rossi with his 5 victories was the inferior rider (otherwise known as "first loser").

I didn't think you would back Nicky as a better rider than Valentino, but I must be mistaken,

What a genius.

Oh - and this is your cue to again point out that Dani scored more points than Casey this year, because you wouldn't be a true troll without repeating yourself ad nauseum. Fill your boots .....

Ben10 - SIlverstone 3-day attendance = 157,000 (UK population = 63M), Phillip Island 3-day attendance = 122,000 (Oz population = 23M).  Looks like you need a long hard look at yourself (and your meaningless stats) in a roomful of mirrors.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Actually, my mistake..

More than 53,000. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-28/stoner-conquers-phillip-island-one-last-time/4337990 - Wow, you really are dumb.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices