Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Good bye

Casey Stoner!  The fastest 'pariah' of the last decade!  

He will be missed sadly by all 27ers who think he was the second coming and he will be missed happily by all 46ers who can't abide his whining whinging po-faced persona he alway presented to the media.

Life's boring when you pack up work mate - you need something more exciting than fishing!  3 months and you'll be climbing the walls

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

In summary Marion

You're a child.

I'm right, you're wrong is the basis and extent of your reasoning

You're too stupid to make even yourself look an idiot

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

At last we don't have to hear any more of his boring moaning! "WEEEEEEEL we were"Oh I fell asleep!

As I was watching him on the podium I though to myself, the world will be a better place when Casey's not on the TV :)

I hope he enjoys hunting, fishing, spendnig time with your new family I'm just glad that's the last I'll see of him. It would be interesting however if he di a wild card at PI, might be interesting (the first time i've said that in the smae sentance as the name Cacey Stoner)

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Look at you all

the guy's retired, finished, long gone, job done, yet all the 46 pansies persist in petty one-up-man-ship. Boy, you really can't handle the floggings he dished out to your goat (pfft) over the years can you.

Ironic how much you say he all whinges and moans then read these forums, meanwhile the guys free to do what he wants at 27 years of age, money in the bank, hot mrs, healthy young 'un, travelled the world doing what he loved, at the same time being in the fortunate position of turning down a record contract extension in the process.

Hell, if this is where 'whinging and moaning' (as you lot say), get you, where do I sign?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Okey dokey then

so apart from a few bitter little remarks we're agreed. Pedrosa is the superior talent because as the points table clearly shows, he has scored a whopping 78 more points than stoner.

More cheese with that whine bluto? Incidently, changing my name to Marion, and then calling me a child makes you look ridiculous.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Seems you're right CCB

"Mario, come come, you should know by now its illegal to say anything that is critical of Stoner on here."

Which is particularly hypocritical when I look at the Rossi threads right now, eh bluto? But instead of dealing in personal opinion and bullshit, I'm merely pointing out the facts. The fact is that Pedrosa has scored 332 points and stoner has only managed a disappointing 254.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

What baffles me..

..is why supposed race fans would want to see the back of Stoner? Particularly as they are usually the most derisive about the racing being boring and how GP's aren't what they once were! For the past 2 seasons, there have been 3 riders, including Stoner, capable of winning the championship. Why, despite his personality dividing opinion would people want to reduce that already pathetic number down by one?...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Oh, and Mario..

..Have you forgotten Stoner won the championship last year at his first attempt on the bike? - it's taken Dani 6 years and we're still waiting...Pedrosa the superior talent...errr, no!..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"Pedrosa is the superior talent "

"I'm right and Dani is better than casey"

Dani was better than Casey this weekend... you've got that... good... previous race Stoner was better than Dani... still following?... over this season Dani has been better than Stoner (having his injury year)... yep... over the time they've been racing in MotoGP Stoner's way better than Dani (having several injury years)... ok?... oh & both of them have been a lot better than Rossi... superior talent or is that racing?

"The fact is that Pedrosa has scored 332 points and stoner has only managed a disappointing 254."

That is fact... you struggle with that?... 2 years ago that would have got you a respectable 2nd (not that 3rd isn't respectable)... 6 years ago that would have won you the championship... so you reckon a score high enough to win a championship (even though he had 3 races off) is disappointing?... yeah... cool.

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Super Halfpint fact is a very big word - all you have done in this thread is to establish that Pedrosa has been able to accumulate more points than Stoner, Rossi, Dovi but not more than Lorenzo in 2012 in your usually petulant childish manner... I am glad in your own little mind you have been able to establish clearly who and how the riders rank in terms of talent and ability overall. Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, etc

Many of his peers say that he is the fastest man on two wheels and he has been honored by the sport as one of the greats/legends. Whether that makes him better than Dani or not is up to numpties like you to bang on about, whilst crying ..."if you say Stoner is better than Rossi, than that means Pedrosa is better than Stoner".

At the end of 2012 Stoner and Pedrosa have both 45 career wins... Pedrosa has had more podiums and more fastest laps in races. Pedrosa has won three world titles and Stoner 2. Pedrosa has a much better 125 and 250 record and Stoner better motogp record. What does all this mean? They are both great talents. As for Rossi, by his own admission his 2011 and 2012 seasons have been disasters and he under-estimated the Ducati situation because like you, he under-estimated not just Stoner but the likes of Capirossi, Melandri, Hayden and others.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle