Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: How to REALLY spice up MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: How to REALLY spice up MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Poll: How to REALLY spice up MotoGP

Dorna has announced some concessions to the factories by scrapping CRT bikes in 2014 and ditching the idea of control rider aid software. But what do you think would REALLY spice up the spectacle, and turn MotoGP once again into a guaranteed great view? For today only, you're on the Dorna board and you've got five votes to cast in favour of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 16:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
masterofpuppets

May 12

i want to see more manufactor's back the grid i just hate seeing honda's, yamaha's and ducati's on the grid i want see kawasaki, suzuki and maybe even bmw on the grid and scrap the one tyre rule i thought it was very exciting and interesting with mutliple tyre manufactors on the grid before they scraped them years ago and bring the horse power down and get rid a lot of rider aids i.e anti while and minimize the traction control and only use traction control for wet races you can't run a 250bhp motorcycle and get rid of rider aids it would be to dangerous!!!

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

i want to see more manufactor's back the grid i just hate seeing honda's, yamaha's and ducati's on the grid i want see kawasaki, suzuki and maybe even bmw on the grid and scrap the one tyre rule i thought it was very exciting and interesting with mutliple tyre manufactors on the grid before they scraped them years ago and bring the horse power down and get rid a lot of rider aids i.e anti while and minimize the traction control and only use traction control for wet races you can't run a 250bhp motorcycle and get rid of rider aids it would be to dangerous!!!

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

Reply to this Topic
nathandeakin

Nov 12

nathandeakin says:

2x Races for the MotoGP boys like in WSB. Points for everyone that finishes.  Qualifying like F1 (god never thought I would hear myself say that!) I think would spice things up somewhat.

Reply to this Topic
Lukaz2205

Jul 05

Lukaz2205 says:

Tobacco/alcohol advertising would work on BWB but not WSB and MotoGP, its not the series that bans it, its the countries, Look at Formula 1. If the could get that KERS to work properly and they did keep CRT then I would. Give the prototypes say 6 seconds worth a lap and the CRT's open usage, as let's be fair they are absolute shit heaps! Just lowering the entry fee's and having a wage cap would entice more teams back on prototypes, Dorna is just pure greedy, it ruins more than it makes exciting. What they need to do for MotoGP is get a talent scout out and find someone who can replicate what Marco Simoncelli brought to the sport!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I reckon the class needs more presence from Kawasaki and much more from Suzuki for a start off. This is supposedly the prototype series where things get tried and tested to eventually filter down onto road bikes for us all to benefit.
Ship to shore radio is not needed, carbon brakes will never be put onto road bikes because of the cost, and therefore they could be abandoned to save a bloody fortune. And with the money that saves they could afford to buy an extra couple of litres of juice and stop the debarcle of race bikes been retarded to get them to the finish line…..or not in some cases - which ruins a few last laps.
Ducati needs to stay in the class and get a rideable bike developed that can compete with the Honda and Yamaha to add to closer racing.
Traction control and anti-wheelie taken off to make rider skill more important.
The grid size needs to always be 20+ riders and to make this possible there needs to be something always in place at every race where injured riders get replaced for the race. Politics, sponsors, nationalities play too much of a part in this area and the difficulty of getting enough experienced riders on ‘standby’ who are able to jump onto a Motogp bike and be competitive rather than making up the numbers.
Engine size doesn’t really make much difference to improving the racing providing they are all the same.
Opening up to all tyre manufacturers is desperately needed, the Bridgestone monopoly should never have been allowed in the first place.
Too many races at Spanish tracks, not enough in England…..in fact where races have had very poor attendance and lousy atmosphere they should not return there the next season – empty stands in the US makes poor TV and does nothing to promote it as a popular sport and doesn’t appear to break the new markets like they intend.
The bikes are plenty fast enough, KERS, turbos and compulsory pit stops are crazy ideas and would turn the whole thing into an F1 circus.
Reverse grids could be pretty dangerous and we don’t want riders getting killed.
The races and racers need to be exciting and we have a definite lack of style, flamboyance and characters that the media rely on to help promotion of the class.
The engine rules are making them more reliable and efficient which ultimately benefits street bikes, so that is probably the one restriction I don’t have too much of a problem with.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Oh and the tyres need to be far more generic. The operating window on them is far too limiting and specific. The different compounds seem to drop off quite dramatically even with very little temperature difference from one day to the nexts weather. They lose their way and are responsible for poor performance – our tyres work reasonably well from minus 5 to 35 degrees – surely its not asking too much to get a race tyre to work optimally only within 2 or 3 degrees?! And the different compounds and left/right/middle sided constructions…where will that end? 10 different compounds in one tyre?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Blindfolds for the front row. Left arms tethered for row two. Row three to have a BAC of 0.15 or greater. Row four, rohypnol administered 30 minutes before sighting lap. Testicle clamps and a vibrating dildo for row five. The remaining rows a 10lb NOS bottle.

Reply to this Topic
sam23600

Mar 04

sam23600 says:

Moto GP

No rider aids, no tyre rules and 2 races per GP! AND MUCH BETTER FACILITIES AT THE UK ROUND!!!!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The grid should be organised

by the results of a breakdancing contest on saturday night. Here's my suggestion for tunes

http://youtu.be/qORYO0atB6g

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices