Skip to content

DUCATI Milan Show: New Ducati Hypermotard & Hyperstrada HYPERMOTARD 1100

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > HYPERMOTARD 1100 > Milan Show: New Ducati Hypermotard & Hyperstrada

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

Milan Show: New Ducati Hypermotard & Hyperstrada

Ducati has announced a new Hypermotard 800 and an adventure-touring spin-off called the Hyperstrada, in Milan today. Both share the same 821cc V-twin which uses the second generation Testastretta 11° cylinder head design being employed across many bikes in the Ducati range, including the Diavel and Multistrada 1200. The 11° head, combined with twin-spark ignition, a new air bleed system and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 17:07)

Post a message in HYPERMOTARD 1100

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SuperMotoBoy

Nov 12

SuperMotoBoy says:

How small does the Christmas tree need to be, so this can be under it??

...or... does it actually fit in my chimney?!? Come on Duc, we need to know the prices for this SEXY HOT BAD BOY!! :D

Reply to this Topic
mmisit

Sep 12

mmisit says:

great its here!

i want one,love to see a test against triumph tiger 800 as would seriuosly consider buying the hyperstrada!!! looking forward to see it at nec!

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Hyperstrada

A definate contendor for my toybox.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Hyper bole .......

The new HYPERSTRADA looks pretty and fresh,but hold on just one second and let the dust settle.

The seat looks strange,look at the angle and then look at the relation to the foot pegs,it looks painful,cramped unless you're a jockey.:huh:It doesn't look as good as the Hypermotard 1100 design as that looks more roomy..and is a lot more sensible looking.

The bike looks cool.tidier, until i see that seat angle(could just be me getting old of course). Also,it had better be a frugal engine as the tank hold's 3 galllon only?:blink:

Again, like someone commented on here earlier, `TOY' which i suspect this bike,however cool it looks,is in reality,as only those with money to buy a `SECOND BIKE' will own one. What price that me wonder's?:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

longer wheelbase= boringggggg... looks gorgious as ever but it was never a reel supermoto. But I'd love one anyway...

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

New designs... Goooood!

I love the design direction companies are taking with their new models. The light seat unit as close as possible to the body and exhausts that follow the lines discretely rather than looking like bins attached to the bike. It make it look muscular and focused. Also a few have commented on the bike being a toy. For Jesus sake!!! Go effing try one!!! I tried the first hyper that came out belonging to a cousin of mine. It bloody ripped my arms off. Kids, don't jump on the bandwagon of the 'I can't have it therefore its rubbish' popular with sofa/internet motorcyclists. Jump on one and you'll see why these toys are so popular.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

16 litres

Really need a bigger fuel tank to be a contender great idea though as not many people can afford 12k multi

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ STRESSED1

If you do not like the Ducati Hypermotard 800 for being too much of a toy, may I suggest you get a Honda NT700V instead - hard to be more practical than a Dullsville (I should know since I ride to work and the shops on one).

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Well,that's me told ey.......

.......:blink:Erm,

okay LOL.:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
alanhoward

Apr 10

alanhoward says:

Nice...but disappointed

I have the Hypermotard 796, and was wondering whether an upgrade would be a good idea.....however, the new Hyper is not nearly as light looking or as pretty as the original, the water cooled engine really belongs inside a fairing, not nearly as attractive as an air cooled, and the rear trellis sub frame has now gone.Stubby exhaust loses the underseat twin pipe look, the handguards now have "blobby" indicators built in rather than the elegant ones from previous model, plus they still look flimsy...and a pity to lose the impractical but funky bar end mirrors ( love them or hate them!). The extra power sounds great and I am very jealous of the ABS and switchable riding modes--a great addition to the Hyper. The Hyperstrada looks an interesting idea, kind of competing with BMW F800 GS and Triumph Tiger, and looks a lot cooler from the tail end. Overall disappointed that I am not tempted yet by the new model, maybe I will be when I see in the flesh!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle