Skip to content

Discuss This Pics: Valentino Rossi makes Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pics: Valentino Rossi makes Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pics: Valentino Rossi makes Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has returned to Yamaha’s official factory MotoGP squad at the Valencia track today. The Italian arrived at Yamaha’s garage at the Ricardo Tormo track in the middle of the afternoon ahead of his much hyped return to a factory YZR-M1 tomorrow when the 2013 winter testing campaign gets underway in Spain. Rossi ended a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 18:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Don't be such an arse

If you watch races to support one rider to the point of obsession, then stop watching when that rider finishes, then you haven't much interest in racing itself have you

Which is what people advocate with Rossi, he's bigger than the sport and when he goes, a percentage of 'viewers' will go too, therefore bad for the sport. Then 'another' will have to be found to replace him to attract back the viewers.

Is that the point of racing?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Sorry Acanada

In fact the 2008 ducati was superior as testified by more poles and fastest laps but alas rossi got the same bridgestones tyres and proceeded to reclaim the title.

You ignore the other Ducati rider's inability to perform on it, a proven race winner - coveniently for your own agenda.

You'll notice in 2008 that BOTH Yamaha riders were winning. And in 2009. And in 2010.

It's been done to death - not interested.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool

then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

What the hell are you talking about bluto? You mean to tell me then that anybody that supports Rossi is damaging the sport?

I've never held a high opinion of you bluto but this really is a new low, even for you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"Is that the point of racing?"

the point of racing you fkng simpleton is entertainment. Pure and simple.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

You quote - ''Does anyone with any common sense really care which rider attracts the biggest crowd to his last race or retirement party...'' - It may come as a surprise to you but the size of the crowd reflects the respect, success, ability, popularity and most of all the status of the said personality. The smaller the crowd the lower esteem in which that personality is held.

(note: I do not compare Rossi and Stoner here, the above analogy applies to any aspect of sport throughout the entire world.) However you can draw your own conclusions

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dear oh Dear

What the hell are you talking about bluto? You mean to tell me then that anybody that supports Rossi is damaging the sport?

Yeah, course it was, that's exactly what I meant... Jesus H. Like I said - you don't have the capacity to rationalise

the point of racing you fkng simpleton is entertainment. Pure and simple.

So, if you went racing, you'd conspire with your fellow racers and engineer a result in order to entertain.

"Look lads, this is how it is, it's not about winning, it's about entertainment. You lead for a few laps Sam, then you let Bill through, then after a few laps I'll come through. We'll swap places a few times over the next few laps, bang fairings a bit and finally Jack can come through from 4th giving us the finger and take the win on the last bend. Then next race Bill can win, next race me. And Rob can perform one of his highsides just before the finish line to add a bit of drama. Should keep them happy, get the viewing figures up, more money in the coffers and bigger bonuses for us. And then, the winner can ride the victory lap stark bollock naked, standing on the seat with a trumpet up his arse farting the Dorna minuet in D minor. Should have them on their knees with laughter"

Or, would you get your head down, ride your balls off from the start and try and win the race by putting as much distance as possible between you and the next bloke

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The masses Benny

it's got to have something popular to sell to the mass market. Or it dies.

Who are these masses you talk of? Masses on the scale of pitch side football audiences? or football TV audiences? Or golf, or tennis? I'd wager every single person I know has heard of those three sports. Where I work, not one person I know knows what Motogp is, even some seriously anal F1 fans.

How many people tune in to watch Motogp on TV - masses? It will never be mainstream TV.

If motorcycle racing needs a 'personality' in order to survive, it would never have made it to the end of the 90s

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

bluto

Sure, for the racers its about which rider is best. For the engineers its about which bike is best. But do you think Ezpeleta gives a shit whether the Honda is faster than the Yamaha? Motogp is a show. Quite literally a 3 ring circus. Are you really this naive?

If the millions of people that watch the racing were only interested in the factual result, then the races would be held behind closed doors and the results would get pinned on the noticeboard at the end. But it dosen't happen that way because we want to see the cut and thrust of it all, we want to see the drama, we want to be entertained!

You have the mental grasp of a child bluto. Do you think Motogp would exist in its current form without outside investment and sponsorship? Do you think Motogp is a self perpetuating, stand alone entity that exists naturally within nature? What a plum!!

"Yeah, course it was, that's exactly what I meant"

I knew you were a dumb fanboy bluto but to say that Rossi supporters are damaging Motogp is stupid in the extreme. I hope that one was just a wind up, because if its not you really are making a massive fool or yourself. Again.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dank..

Morning, fellow hardcore race fans..bit dank outside innit.

Is Bulto being a wet blanket, I ask myself?

Let's say he's right..A fair few Rossi fans are fly-by-nighters. Before Val, they used to watch football, tennis, F1.

Now..they come to the races and watch bike racing, at the track, paying TV subsciptions, buying magazines..on the internet.

How many?..is impossible to quantify but it's likely to be in the millions not thousands.

They are bike racing fans now..maybe not hardcore like me and you, not all of them anyway, but they spend their hard earnt swelling Dornas coffers.

How many will stop watching when he retires?..all of them? If it's 90%..the sport is still better off than it was pre Yellow fanboi.

How many of their friends now take an interest because the newbies introduced them to our sport?

How much more exposure has the game received wordwide because of Valentino's involvement 16 years ago, and how many will remain..the residual?

Think about it..It's got to be more hasn't it.

The modern world is highly competitive. Most have a finite income and other sports compete for our leisure time money.

Having a charasmatic global figure fighting in bike racings corner, grabbing headlines, drawing attention cannot possibly be as negative as Bulto says.

He just despises Rossi because..well..he does.

Bulto is trying to say..because he doesn't support Rossi, he is a real fan and that carries more weight and validity.

It's a spurious argument and illustrates a snobbish attitude.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

SM.

grazie per il messaggio.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN