Skip to content

Discuss This Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia

Valentino Rossi has made his long-awaited return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Valencia this morning. The 33-year-old was one of the first out on track in cool and cloudy conditions this morning but his YZR-M1 return didn’t last beyond a third lap as rain spots started to fall on the Ricardo Tormo track. Rossi left the Yamaha garage with dozens of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Really looking forward to this season with 4 top riders all on great bikes. Haven't seen anything like it since the 990s . Ducati will fade to grey without stoner or Rossi.. And Rossi will go a lot better on the yam . The fan girls will cry in their soup.. Tee haw....

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

times are fairly irrelevant

but just to inform you that when the track was dry Rossi did not attempt any fast laps.
However when Rossi and Dovi were on track at the same time in the wet Rossi was 3 secs quicker.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Fuel

Dont want to fuel the fire, but if conditions didnt improve over the session then are we to believe that Dovi (who I am a big fan of BTW) was able to somehow now lap 5 seconds a lap quicker than the best wet lap in weekend warm up, which was the time he himself set!  Weekend wet laps ranged in the 1:44 - 1:46 range, which is the pace others were knocking about in the wet this morning, (except Dovi who did 1:51's) but we cant read in to it too much as its new bikes and teams, granted less so for VR, but even the Yamaha must have changed quite a bit in the seasons since he last rode it.  Condition did improve over the session and the scenario is the same as when a session starts dry, then turns wet and you see freak results like a CRT topping a session when the conditions dont allow again for slicks.  Right place right time.  Thats the only reason I say we should reserve judgement for when all things remain equal, i.e - another test session, another day before drawing comaparison...

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Not a Dovi hater

Just want to make clear im not a Dovi or Ducati hater !!!  I worried about his move to team red, but I would love to see him make it work !

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

" fairly irrelevant" ?

Something is either relevant or it's not, an absolute. Tsk. How about comparing today's times to sunday's times? The conditions are similar so the times will be comparable. I can't be arsed checking them out myself but anyone else can feel free.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Mandy

Sunday WUP - Best lap - A Dovi - 1:44.197

Sunday Race - Best lap - D.Pedrosa 1:33.844

Test today (Dry Lap) - A.Bautista - 1:35.936

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

sunday warm up , full wet.

1 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 308.0 1'44.197
2 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 300.5 1'44.319 0.122 / 0.122
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 307.7 1'44.554 0.357 / 0.235
4 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 296.4 1'44.556 0.359 / 0.002

today

3 P DOVIZIOSO, Andrea Ducati Team 1:39.868
4 AOYAMA, Hiroshi Avintia Blusens 1:42.239
5 P HAYDEN, Nicky Ducati Team 1:42.571
6 P ROSSI, Valentino Yamaha Factory Racing 1:43.736

4.3 seconds a lap faster  nah don't think so , if it was 1 maybe  i would belive it but not 4... if he is 4 seconds a lap faster , then he has the championship in the bag next year , we might see him doing rain dances before every race... hahaha

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Good effort fellas

The money shot is, how do VR's times compare? He has to have been faster no? Being reunited, yada, development genius, cough, 9 WC's, etc, yawn?

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Lappery

I would suppose from those times posted, if the track was fully wet when VR did his fast lap runs today then he woudl be 0.818 faster than his best wet time on the Duke from the weekend.  So yes would be an improvement, but without knowing whether the track was exactly as wet as it was in the WUP then would be hard to say with any certainty.  Im glad AD has a good feeling from the Duke, if he climbed off and said thats a bad decision I made then it really would not bode well for the season.  Tomorrows times will be interesting if it stays dry.  Its a shame Bens Pies isnt testing to give us another reference of an experienced GP rider coming to the Ducati for the the first time. 

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

nah ,  4.5 sec faster than himself on the yamaha in the same conditions.

you  either do not understand physics or you are mentally retarded.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices