Skip to content

Discuss This Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pics: Valentino Rossi back on a Yamaha in Valencia

Valentino Rossi has made his long-awaited return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Valencia this morning. The 33-year-old was one of the first out on track in cool and cloudy conditions this morning but his YZR-M1 return didn’t last beyond a third lap as rain spots started to fall on the Ricardo Tormo track. Rossi left the Yamaha garage with dozens of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

thats strange

I think you will find Dovi said it was too early to say too much about the Ducati.
Someone else also said that todays time were pretty irrelavant because all riders were pushing to the same limit.
Taking time to learn.Why push to the limit on the first day of testing in crap conditions?

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

i have , a  1"39.8 doesnt seem realistic for full wet condiions , maybe on a drying wet track , yes , but not a full wet track. i would say haydens time is more realistic.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Quotes

Just a couple quotes....

Nicky Hayden was fastest wet rider doing a 1:42.571 - Matthew Birt

Its too early to make a comparison with the Yamaha and Honda (I rode) without more dry track time, but the Ducati has better wet weather traction than the Yamaha (I rode) - Dovi

Which tells us 4 important things..... first, Dovi's lap which was much faster than VR's was indeed a dry lap, or on a substancially drier track. Second, that the Ducati's are genuinely good wet weather bikes as we saw many times (but not all the time) during the last season during wet practices. Thirdly, that for Dovi to have gotten the fastest WUP time on Sunday morning on the Yamaha which he says has less traction shows he is a great wet weather (and dry) rider. Fourthly, Nicky Haydens fastest wet lap was over second quicker than VR's wet lap, which we hope is down to the difference between riding a bike you know well and familiarising yourself with a new one, else trouble remains... But again, dry times and experience will tell all....

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Quickest lol

C'mon your having a giraffe no one who counts is out on track.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Apparently marquez couldn't reach the floor even on tiptoes so he wasn't allowed out to play

Reply to this Topic
Msheppard

Nov 10

Msheppard says:

Who cares about the times when they can make a bike and rider package look that sweet?! If they sold an R1 looking like that I may even break my Kawasaki habit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Mandy I'm sure you realise this

but what old Buelli is really trying to say is "Times are irrelevant unless the time Rossi sets is one I can use to express his superiority"

Ultimately meaning - times are irrelevant.

I think we'll read the words 'Rossi' and 'irrelevant' in association quite a bit more over the forthcoming season.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

nostro do hope/wish or have irrefutable proof rossi is washed up?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's nice of you Eddl

Thanks!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Ah nostro when i joined this forum your post's tended to be fair and reasonable and off a fairly high intelligence, but due to barracking and people winding you up, you've descended down to there level. As a motogp fan you cant really dislike any of the riders, they create the show for us, Leave the fuckwits to them self's they dont know any better

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices