Skip to content

Discuss This POLL: How do you think Bradley Smith will fare in MotoGP? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > POLL: How do you think Bradley Smith will fare in MotoGP?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

POLL: How do you think Bradley Smith will fare in MotoGP?

Bradley Smith makes his debut tomorrow on the Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP bike, in preparation for a full season in the premiere class in 2013. Although undoubtedly a massive talent, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in 2012 on the Tech 3 Moto2 bike, failing to score a podium and being outclassed by fellow Brit Scott Redding. So, we ask you,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 16:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamie88hayes

Nov 12

jamie88hayes says:

he will be ok maybe simillar to cal in his 1st year but will be over shadowed my marquez like sykes was when he was at yamaha with spies in wsb

Reply to this Topic
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

Unfortunately I can't see him doing much, he's doesn't have that killer instinct, a good starter but will be mid pack coem the end of the season

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

He doesn't seem........

................to have the drive to make it to the top. I wish him well but fear that he'll flounder among the big boys.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

hmmm...naaaa

Rule # 1....stay on the bike ,

Rule # 2....dont fall off

Rule # 3....Dont crash

Rule # 4.....finish race without crashing

Rule # 5.....MAN-UP.

Reply to this Topic
Bungle1078

Nov 12

Bungle1078 says:

Ummm.......

Im not sure what simpleton thinks that a 1st year to MotoGP on a Satalite bike means he is going to beat the likes of Rossi, lorenzo, pedrosa, Dovi, Cal etc to get to the podium! Stoner yes, to take from Mr Parish "hes from another planet!"

His first few races will be staying on and finishing, sorting his bike, style and how to deal with the other riders. The next few will be about pushing harder. The last 3rd of the season will be balls to the wall!

"No killer instinct" her is going to ride a bike at 200mph (OK maybe a little less). You dont get to ride in Moto anything without proving you have "Killer instinct". Damn stupid thing to say!

He may not be Stoner winning on his first outing but, I dont think he wll do too bad! He will be in the points!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Lucky boy

I think Bradley's a very lucky boy for tech3 to have honored the contract after a very average year in Moto2. However I also think there were significant problems getting the new setup going for tech3 this year and I think that's why tech3 are letting it happen. That said, I can't see how someone can be as fast as he was on 125's and loose that ability somehow. Whichever way, we'll find out next year if Bardley is just average or was held back in Moto2 and about to flower! There's a big part of me that suspects the latter.

Reply to this Topic
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

No Secret

That the tech 3 mistral is a very under-developed bike and plenty of people who actually know what they are talking about (ie. other moto2 riders) have come out in his defence. Bradley has had some sensational rides and we all know what he is capable of, he will have the benefit of a great team mate who should be supporting him through what will be a very difficult first year, just look at the difference Cal has made since last year. Everyone should be getting behind him, the more UK riders in the top class the better, the more we will be taken seriously in GP. You only have to look at Toseland, wearing through his knee sliders when the Tech3 M1 was a bag of shit, getting top 10 results when there were a lot more competitive bikes on the grid than there are today.

Reply to this Topic
kwakakid

Mar 09

kwakakid says:

Bradders.

Carn`t believe other riders, more capable, were overlooked for him to get the ride. Think he will probably end up amongst the crt`s for most of the season, having said that i really hope he proves me wrong and has at least a productive season, and sets himself up for 2014, best of look bradders!

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

2013 will be his learning year, just like most of the other riders, Stoner, Lorenzo, Crutchlow all were crashers at the start of their Moto GP careers, although Crutchlow seems to have maintained that into his 2nd year too much!

Give the guy a chance before writing him off.

Reply to this Topic
daboat

Jul 06

daboat says:

Obviously 43% haven't a scooby do about racing saying he will be an embarassment. Some of you wondering why Redding was overlooked and Smith got the ride DERRRRRR!!!!!!! Bradley is already riding for Tech3. It seems that a lot of people have short memories about his season the year before last, and how much of a bad year Scott Redding had that same year. Now the shoe is on the other foot everyone is saying he shouldn't be on the bike. Nuff said

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices