Skip to content

Discuss This POLL: Can you have fun with 47bhp? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > POLL: Can you have fun with 47bhp?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

POLL: Can you have fun with 47bhp?

With the introduction of new licence classes in January, the recent bike shows have seen a slew of new 47bhp releases, including a trio of 500cc Hondas officially released earlier today. So, we ask - is 47bhp enough? Or is it just not enough power to have any fun with? poll

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 16:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yep.

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

On a proper supermoto. HELL YEAH!!!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Please tell the full story

The problem is not just the 47bhp limit but ALSO the 0.2kW/kg limit that's part of the same ruling (thats 0.268BHP/KG). That means a bike of 47BHP HAS to weight over 175KG. Even relatively low powered supermoto's would not be allowed for learner riders and inexperienced riders would HAVE to cope with relatively heavy bikes for the power produced.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

these new law are retarded, the amount of test and hoops are ridiculous. I love that someone can tell you what you can and cant ride. my girlfriend is now rushing her test before the new laws come in. Interesting that car test is relatively simple compare

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

More....

The new ruling ALSO says you cant restrict a bike that would normally produce more than 96bhp toproduce less than 47BHP so most sports 600's won't be permitted to be used in the future by new 47bhp restricted riders

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

check out the new KTM 390 on Visordown that's deffo going to be fun.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

FUN

I used to have LOADS of fun on my DT125R, and TZR125. Both derestricted, so producing about 20bhp...

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

OK

I take my drz400 out and its terific fun around town and around country lanes or in the snow  but take it ot on an A road and its flat, My Ducati 479 is the other way around crap in town but brilliant on A  roads. Where as my 1200 Bandit is good in town or an A roads. So to me its not only the power a bike makes, most of it is down to the type of  bike and the type of road you ride on 

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Fun With 47 BHP, Yes Of Course

You can have fun on any bike regardless of the BHP, its a case of horse for courses, i.e what type of roads its used on,  use your 47 BHP machine on  B and C class roads and it will be fine, indeed probably okay on most A roads too, its about having a different mind set thats all

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

NC700S

Just bought a new NC700S after trading in my CBR600F. On the public highway you can have just has much fun as a more powerful bike like the brevav2 says its all about your mind set or attitude to your riding. I use mine for a 20 mile commute on mixed roads and a bit of courier work in the evening and its brilliant. That said I would still love a new HP4 or Panigale for a bit of fun but a lot of cash if thats all your using for.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices