Skip to content

Discuss This Weather ruins Rossi's Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Weather ruins Rossi's Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Weather ruins Rossi's Yamaha return

Cold temperatures and intermittent rain put a huge dampener on the opening day of winter testing in Valencia today, with Valentino Rossi completing just two tentative laps on his Yamaha return in dry conditions. The Ricardo Tormo track had only been open for 10 minutes when a rain shower halted proceedings, with Rossi almost caught out on slicks when he had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 17:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Is it this, or is it that?

Matt Birt says " Valentino Rossi completing just two tentative laps on his Yamaha return in dry conditions."

Whilst the great Rossi Fawnicator David Emmett states "Rossi does look supremely comfortable aboard the Yamaha M1"

I'll bow to Birt's superior knowledge and experience over the I.T hack on this one.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yes

a shame about the weather, it ruined everything. All the anticipation of the new boys in new teams etc. 

Annoying  really. Are they doing anything tomorrow?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Sorry

Yeh, I see they might be off to Aragon.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

You're right, Cheekymonkey Superbikeplanet.com posted the following:

"Due to restrictive weather conditions Yamaha Factory Racing will not remain at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia for the remainder of the scheduled test.

"The team will move this evening to the Motorland circuit in Aragon for a one-day test tomorrow, 14th November."

Weather forecast appears to be much drier - no doubt that's why they're heading there!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

left already

we packed up and moved this afternoon as we knew it was a no go for most riders,boring but fun all the same.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Getting beaten by a Superbike

A very real possibility tomorrow at Aragon this. I appreciate that VR46 has 9 WC's etc but when he's on track tomorrow at Aragon with a host of WSB riders using the WSB configuration of the track it is highly likely he'll be lapping slower than some of the WSB boys. Today it was the weather, I wonder what tomorrow's excuse will be...

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

anyone else notice capirossi time, he wasnt that quick on the suzuki !

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Wonder what dovisioso thinks of the ducrapi?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And there's me thinking 'the wet' was Vales only chance of posting decent times. What gives? 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

two laps

In the Dry and the rain started coming down with slicks in

Maybe Matt Birt AND Emmett were both right, as he was comfortable in the wet whilst adjusting to the Yamaha

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices