General Ebay scam Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Ebay scam

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Ebay scam

I've recently tried to sell something on ebay and recieved an e-mail today purporting to be from them telling me my account would be suspended if I didn't pay the fees. The sum they wanted was £2.46, the actual fees I owed were £2.53 so I went direct to my ebay account and paid the fees.

A while later I re-read the e-mail and noticed it didn't have my name and when I hovered over the links they were pointing at 'ebey' or 'eboy', not quite right!

The most worrying thing about this is, I use one e-mail account for ebay and a different account for paypal, the e-mail went to the account I use for paypal which raised my suspicions initially and, subsequently, made me go direct to ebay rather than using the links from the e-mail, which I never do anyway and neither should you.

Beware folks. This looks to me like someone has been watching my activity and managed to trace my e-mail account but got mixed up about which one I use for ebay.

Scamming fuckers! Checked my paypal account and nothing untoward has happened.

Just thought I'd let you all know just in case.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 18:37)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Watch those hyperlinks...

They're often spam, or phishing to get you to go to a site with malware etc. - what you did is the right thing.  Go *directly* to the website, don't follow any links sent via email, unless you're sure they're legit.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

scam

Thanks for that lads.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN