Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

newby help please

might be a dumb question but

ok so i have a honda ns125f, and was just wondering if there is anyway of finding out if it has been de-restricted, ive easily had 80mph out of it,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 November 2012 23:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

where did you buy it?

did you buy it from a shop or a private seller if from a shop they should be able to tell you if you baught it from a private seller and have there contact details call them and ask or you could have it dyno tested all tho that isnt normaly free or even cheap if your not sure be carefull especialy if your young and at college or somthing at the college i go to the police have turned up and done random spot checks on all the bikes and scooters to see if they were restricted

Reply to this Topic
jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

i bought it privatly, so im not to sure, where could i get a free dyno?

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

youd have to have a look

round in your area ask in your local garages and bike shops if your lucky somwhere will check it for you out of kindness if not you might be charged but the first thing to do is try and get hold of the private seller and ask them if you cant get hold of them or get the bike checked then dont worry about it to much aslong as you stick to the speed limits and keep the bike in good nick and have all your paperwork in order you shouldnt have any problem with the police but if you can get it checked for free it would be worth doing some one else on here might tell you tht your bike will do 80 even restricted some do

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

80mph

It could have been de-restricted but not now.

It could be a dumb question.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Restricted?

Hi and welcome.  TBH, you don't want to know if the bike is restricted.  If you are on L plates and you know then you are obligated to do something about it in order to make the machine legal for you to ride.  If you don't know you can at least try to pleasd ignorance. 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

To

my knowledge ignorance is no defence as far as the police are concerned, they seem to adopt the atitude that if you are the owner and or driver of a vehicle then you are obliged to ensure it conforms to the rules which apply to you when operating said vehicle. Which when you think about it is the correct way things should be done with regards to vehicles and those that use them. There are to many ignorant road users out there already, as motorcyclists we know that only too well. 

Jamie95, go to your local bike shop and ask them where you can get the bike tested on a dyno.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda NSR 125 F Year?

Hi Jamie95

If it does 80mph plus easily,its a full power model no restrictions,in top condition unfaired should do 90mph faired model 95-98mph(will read 100mph but probably not doing that speed)

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

B.H.P.

Hold on a minute,why would a 12 B.H.P. bike be restricted? Is the top speed involve?

Reply to this Topic
jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

its a 1987 model i think (D Reg)  the ns125f so no front fairings,  and i was told that this bike with no restrictions should be a whopping 20bph! ( i know insane) :S but then have also been told to because its old and  stroke it will have no restrictions:S

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices