Skip to content

Ask an Expert New biker new service prices Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > New biker new service prices

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Stavieg80

Nov 12

Stavieg80 says:

New biker new service prices

Hi All
I am a new biker riding a Yamaha XT 125X.
Recently I discovered that my rear tyre is losing air. Checked the tyre it had nothing. Apparently the problem must be inside on the valve on the tube because it wont lose all the air but it will go down where it cannot be riden safely. Anyway I took it to a service garage yesterday and the guy couldnt give me a precise price ( I had to leave it there overnight) but he mentioned it would be something in the region of 40 to 60 pounds.
Does this sound right?I have no clue about the prices on motorbike service since its my first time. I know the tubes are not that expensive.
Any advice welcome

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 November 2012 09:14)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Servicing

At a Yamaha dealer it's not going to be cheap. My local Yamaha shop charges £50 per hour for labour plus full price on any parts.  If it is only a tyre issue you wiill be far better off going to a tyre shop rather than a motorcycle dealership.  There are those around that provide services for bikes as well as cars.    

Reply to this Topic
Stavieg80

Nov 12

Stavieg80 says:

tube change

Yeah I did. But if its just for the tube its too expensive. I found my tyre online and it costs 60-70 quid just the rear. So I guess the tube cannot cost the same

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Main dealers

The price will be for removing the wheel, fitting a tube and then replacing the wheel. So it's probably an hours labour and then the cost of the tube.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices