Skip to content

Discuss This Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia

Bradley Smith finally got his first chance to lap on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 at the Valencia track in Spain today. The British rider completed an eight-lap stint on Bridgestone rain tyres on a damp track after torrential rain and strong winds battered the Ricardo Tormo track overnight. The 21-year-old set a best time of 1.48.249 in his first run...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 November 2012 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bananabiker

Jan 11

bananabiker says:

Bored.....

There is nothing to report or discuss until they are all out testing in similar conditions, i am sure the banter will be better following the next test. The comments on here are dire. I usually have a laugh at all you guys taking the piss out each other and your respective favorite riders....................what has this pointless news article got to do with Ben Speez anyway?? Its going to be a long winter break!! Roll on season 2013!

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

SOMETIMES

the muppets that hit these keys on here have definately never stuck a wheel of a bike on a track Bradley has done more than most in his gp career , whilst doing it supporting by financing kids in the brit 125s so don't slate the man back him you muppets

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Moany

Well said. Agree 100%

willc955 I think you'll find that Bradley has allways used No. 38. Get your facts right knubnuts.

Reply to this Topic
Lukaz2205

Jul 05

Lukaz2205 says:

How can you all sit there and have a pop at Johnny Rea being crap etc. When you can't really compare the two of em? Rea rides a WSBK fireblade, that has a lot of chassis flex and on tyres that are totally different to what he usually rides. Look at all the Wsbk boys that came into GP's and they all said the had to make changes to their riding style to adjust. Spies, Crutchlow,Edwards, Bayliss and Toseland all admitted it. It doesn't matter that Rea had a go previously on a RCV considering bikes change every year. Smiths had several years to adjust to adjust to the minimal flex chassis' and what not only thing the rookies have to get used to is 200+BHP, the electronics and carbon brakes . Long story short, the Moto2 guys have less to learn than a WSBK mover. One sunny day at Jerez test and you'll see where the qualifying for Qatar will stand.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

respectable times from the 3 rookies. Marquez only 1 second off is scary, I cant stand the half pint little shit but boy is he fast, could he make a challenge for the title in his first season?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

No.

Too accident prone I think.

Reply to this Topic
Speed333

Nov 12

Speed333 says:

Idiots!

Give the lad a chance ;o)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shoite..

Oirishman Rea did allright..after all his best in WSBK is 5th. He's average, nothing wrong with that.

All this.."you can't compare.." is partisan bollocks. Of course you can, as wosi has pointed out.

Bradley Smith hasn't been riding around on 1000cc Superbikes for the last few years either has he?..on a bike sporting full electronics that at some tracks would embarass a few factory GP prototypes..

Rea got praise for the job he did. Brad is getting stick but has done a better job?

Face facts fuckos..how good is Rea if Smith is shit?

:blink::laugh::laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kizzat

Dec 10

kizzat says:

Rea

Rea is a quality rider no doubt he rides in wsbk on a uncompetitive bike absolutely spanked 250 champ ayoma this year yes the person who beat sic. Given a learning year he would be very fast Cal needed a year I'm not saying Bradley is shit just think over a course of time rea would be my choice Motogp has become boring anyway not enough competitive machines its like formula 1 top two teams win all the time All of the riders are the best in the world would be more interesting if they were all on Honda c90s

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rea is quality if a little wild in Supers.

I think he wanted to dispel that image in the GP paddock and may have been over cautious.

Unfortunately for him he's a Honda Co. man and there are others higher in the pecking order.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices