Skip to content

Discuss This Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pics: Bradley Smith makes Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia

Bradley Smith finally got his first chance to lap on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 at the Valencia track in Spain today. The British rider completed an eight-lap stint on Bridgestone rain tyres on a damp track after torrential rain and strong winds battered the Ricardo Tormo track overnight. The 21-year-old set a best time of 1.48.249 in his first run...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 November 2012 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Wood for the Trees .Obvious

BS may as well be riding a chocolat teapot for all his efforts. When you look at MM it's patently obvious that he has no chance of ever being a top ten finisher. What is left to argue ?

Reply to this Topic
kizzat

Dec 10

kizzat says:

Wossihound

How do you compare Bradley's 8 laps on wet tyres to Johnny rea Just baffles me. If Bradley competes with cal next year then he is comparable until then A bullshit view of it

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Grayzx7r

Oh I think I mentioned once about BS being not a very promising rider, but I think I got away with it, lol.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Good luck Bradders! Exciting time for the UK with an all brit team in motogp.. All the best for next year for you and Cal... I'm sure the fans will get behind them.. Johnny Rea is a good rider but he's not a shoe in to a top motogp ride(not sure BS is either) which the tech 3 team is.. Consistancy is key in motogp and JR is anything but... Not sure either would be first choice given the option for such a prestigious ride..

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Im not sure what bradders has done to earn the ride and i dont care he's got it, He has done better than 2 of the last 3 125 world champs, anyone remember terol, simon who!!!.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Me not being a Brit, maybe i could give an objective view on the matter at hand. After all my favorite Brits are the Grinner and Shaykey as they ride Kawasaki's, and verry well. I think no one can judge Bradley on how he rode the Mistral Tech 3 Moto2 bike. Had Smith been ridding a Kalex for 2 seizons with crappy results? Then hell Yeah he wouldn't have deserved this pretty decent MotoGp ride. Now, i figure he's got the ride( obviously Tech3 see potential). So give the lad 5 races and if he doesn't get some top 6's on that bike? There's plenty of time to say Bradley won't cut it in Motogp. I am happy 600 superstock champ Michael v/d Mark is moving up to WSS with ten Kate Honda. Thats what were Happy with here acros the North Sea. Not everyone is Barry Sheene.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Her Majesty's Tech 3

Did Herve Poncharal secure sponsorship from the queen or something?  I can think of no other reason why this kid has jumped to the best satellite team in MotoGP.  We know Crutchlow is fast, but Smith??  Maybe Tech 3 just like the consecutive numbers.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Oops....

...I thought Smith's number was 36, not 38.  Just goes to show how much of an impression he's made.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Have a kit-kat kizzat..give me a break.

What the are you blathering on about son?..8 laps on wets? Comparable to Cal?

Was Rea Comparable to Cal on his satellite M1 riding Casey's full blown works Repsol?

In perfect conditions at Aragon in September, after 69 laps and having tested an RCV in Sepang for 3 days previously, Rea was nearly 3 seconds off Pedrosa.

Smith did 43 laps today, his first ever ride on a satellite Yamaha, and was just over 2 seconds off Pedrosa in tricky conditions.

In my book, that makes his performance pretty respectable and better than Rea's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I will say Andrea Ianone will be best Duc in the points standing next seazon. Better than Dovi, Spies Hayden for sure. Crazy Joe can ride.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices