Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

British rider Cal Crutchlow hailed Marc Marquez’s much anticipated MotoGP debut after the Spaniard finished just over a second off the fastest pace in Valencia yesterday (Wednesday). Cool, windy and wet conditions threatened to wreck Marquez’s hopes of making his first appearance on a 2012-spec Honda RC213V. But once a slow drying surface dried sufficiently for Bridgestone slick tyres to be used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 November 2012 08:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

My Prediction

I'll put money on Pedrosa either breaching contract or retiring through injury by the end of the 2013 season - mark my words.

Whether you like Cal or not, I reckon he's up there in the top 10 in the world right now, therefore he knows more about talent spotting than me so I'll respect his opinion until I've stood on a MotoGP podium myself (which will never, never happen unless I build a plywood mockup of one in my garden).

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Strange

Why would he breach contract? Why would he sacrifice millions of dollars? Because you believe Marquez is going to beat him?

Remember that other guy that was going to beat him this year? What's his name, Racey Boner, Stacey Moaner...

Casey Stoner, that's it. Apparently the fastest guy ever to ride a motorbike, who Dani beat, and was beating when Casey cracked, and hurled himself off in a practice session.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Who's taking who to the cleaners?

Read carefully Marquez beating Pedrosa very much like CS did in his first season on the Honda.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"has all the trates of Senna in his early days."

..I think you're right Bluebottle, Senna is a good comparison to make with Marquez, he's a dispassionate rider only thinking of the win in much the same way the Brazilian drove. Dangerous possibly, but at this level you have to be ruthless, a trait Cal would be better served adhering to..

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Cleaners

What's his name hardly took Dani to the cleaners.

Dani was leading him after three rounds before colliding with Simoncelli. Dani missed 4 races, then won on his second race back.

What's his name got a lot of thirds that year, had Dani been fit it would have been close.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Mr titties,

it's just a prediction - if I'm wrong then fair enough (and I hope I am wrong - I'd love to see Ped lift the championship!)

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Cool Baz

I just don't see anyone wiping the floor with Dani, or Jorge next year.

Unless this Marquez kid is some sort of Super Alien?

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

thinking about it...

Thinking about it, this idea of a plywood replica of a podium might be a good idea - maybe I could try and flog it to a certain Italian trying to recapture his glory days.....

comes complete with brolly girls :)

Baz

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I think this vindicates..

..the selection of all the new crop of GP riders - particularly glad to see Smith on that list..

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Insider racing

We mere mortals have statistics (lap times, wins, podiums, championships, etc.) and some camera footage to judge riders by.  They, on the other hand, have intimate knowledge of how their competitors get around a track.

So I would value a rider's comments to be an order of magnitude above most observers, and probably two orders of magnitude above the average MCN keyboard knobhead.

OK -  i'll make it simple for you.  When most of the riders say someone is very fast and very talented (but slightly reackless) then I believe them.  When some anonymous internet wanker goes trolling for fame with a contrary opinion I give it the attention it deserves.

I think the two battles to watch next year will be Jorge vs Dani and Vale vs Marco - the rest will be lucky to get a podium.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle