Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

British rider Cal Crutchlow hailed Marc Marquez’s much anticipated MotoGP debut after the Spaniard finished just over a second off the fastest pace in Valencia yesterday (Wednesday). Cool, windy and wet conditions threatened to wreck Marquez’s hopes of making his first appearance on a 2012-spec Honda RC213V. But once a slow drying surface dried sufficiently for Bridgestone slick tyres to be used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 November 2012 08:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

What does he mean?

Marquez is the best rider in the world, but he won't be able to beat the best riders in the world?

He won moto2 at a canter but there were no Dani, Jorge, Rossi types in that class this year to give him some serious competition. We'll only know how he stacks up against them as the season progresses.

Ergo, it's another stupid comment to add to his growing list of stupid comments.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Is no more of a stupid comment than the idiots on here who still bang on about Rossi being the greatest ... If all you knob heads who come on here to squabble like kids in a playground actually knew anything about racing you'd be able to see where he was coming from with his comment.. But no instead you all just act like the pathetic retarded keyboard warriors most of you are and start spouting the same old bullshit ... Over n over again.

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Agreed Georgy

Saying Rossi is the greatest ever bike racer is a stupid comment.

Just like Cal's comment is. Stupid Cal, STOP TALKING!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

george shuttleworth User's Badge george shuttleworth

wel Rossi is great isn't he. no other ider in the GP has a record close to Rossi. So that makes him the greatest rider in de GP right now. i don't see no ago riding.....

So it's also a little bit dumb to say he isn't \, right, george.

maybe he's not the fastest right now but he still is the greatest

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Statistically Agostini is the greatest 15 world titles 122 wins... Rossi was the most dominant of his era.. There's not much Rossi has done that's not been done before.. And there's still a few things he hasn't done or won't do.. So no.. He isn't the greatest.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Ago

Just feel obliged to point out that Ago won many more world titles than current riders simply because back then they contested in numerous championships during the same season and across various cc's, and against far less strenuos competition.... No disrespect to riders from that era, but everyone today is arguably closer in terms of actual talent and lap times than some of the lads back then. Im sure some of the riders today would have many more championships to their names if they were able to contest SSTK, SSK, WSS, WSBK or Moto 3,2, and GP in the same year !!!! So no, Ago is not clearly the greatest if we are measuring things solely using number of wins. Else we can say Dani was arguably the fastest rider of the year last season as he had 7 wins to Jorge and Caseys 6.... While he ended up fastes it was that all season. Anyways makes no odds, because only when all motorcycle racing ends for good can we look back and examine who was teh greatest overall, and since thats not going to happen there may always be the next great round the corner.... Oh and back on topic, pretty harsh bashing of Cal here, Im sure he can qualify what he meant about Marquez if asked, so unless you asked him and know its wrong, go easy on the lad ! :P

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

woohoo

redracer46 i like how you made reference to ago etc etc, the crop of racers are so close these days in lap times you cant possibly say who is the greatest of all time, its like the old ali/tyson debate, i mean i would knock both there heads in at the same time!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

Statistically Agostini is the greatest 15 world titles 122 wins
that's true but I don't think he's the best ever far from it
most of his world titles came when all the other manufacturers were out of racing and he was racing against outdated bikes, only he teammate had a bike with a chance of winning and MV wasn't going to let that happen
my top rider would be Ángel Nieto with 13 titles in the hardest fought classes back then 50cc n 125cc

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Honestly..

..I think Dovi will be hard pressed to podium more than once or twice next season. The competition is frightening and with the Ducati being as temperamental as it seems, I think it will be a struggle for all of the riders on that bike. I think that the second half of the season will be better for him and maybe 2014 will see him podium more, but the odds are stacked against him. Having said that, I think he'll be the best of the Ducati riders...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

On topic..

..I think Cal is spot on with his assertion regarding Marquez. He's a prodigy and will be the flag bearer in Moto GP for years to come. Rawdawg, you're just a knob.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices