Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow hails ‘special’ Marc Marquez

British rider Cal Crutchlow hailed Marc Marquez’s much anticipated MotoGP debut after the Spaniard finished just over a second off the fastest pace in Valencia yesterday (Wednesday). Cool, windy and wet conditions threatened to wreck Marquez’s hopes of making his first appearance on a 2012-spec Honda RC213V. But once a slow drying surface dried sufficiently for Bridgestone slick tyres to be used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 November 2012 08:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He's a massive threat..

..there's no question of that. Benny, I know you're money's on Bradley and Dovi, but I'll take Marquez any day of the week. He's pure class..

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Why do we always read cal saying someone else is great, he must sit on the grid knowing he cant beat them,

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

My money says Marc qill emerge as the serious title threat we expect him to be in 2014... I dont doubt that in his first season we may see poles early on, and maybe even a win after a few rounds. But as this year proved all season consistency, experience, and a small sprinkling of good luck (i.e staying out of others crashes) is what gets you the title. I have a suspicion that we may see those two regular Spaniards fighting for the top two positions in the early rounds, with positions 3-7 really open until a bit later in the year !! Either way its shaping up to be a belter ! So long as we get no off season Dorna rule altering nonsense.... :P

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev, like you..

..I hope Bradley does well, and despite our banter I'd like to see Dovi do well on the Duc also. A serious question, one that's not loaded, what do you think of his chances this coming season - do you think it possible to get to the heady heights of his Tech 3 experience?

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Chances

If I may also interlude here chaps....  I think Dovi (and all the Duc riders come to that) will hinge alot on how much and how quickly the factory can get meaningful updates to the riders.  I think by now they have overcome some of the stubborness which was the 'Casey can ride it so it must be fine for everyone' approach, and are more open to listen and develop according to rider feedback.  In Dovi, Spies, and an experienced ( and lest we forget world champion) Nicky H, they have a huge pool of qualified feedback to choose from.  Honda are able to throw frame after frame at their bikes until it works, from what I hear Ducati were struggling to get just 2 out during the season, so unless Ducati up their production ability they are always going to be on the backfoot.  Dovi has the talent to be a podium man, or winner in the absence of Jorge and Dani, every single race he goes out in, I just hope that talent is suffocated on a motorcycle stifled of continued development....

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

edit

Last line should read NOT stifled on a motorcycle stifled of continued development... :O

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Cal-running his mouth again- crutchlow

The 27-year-old, who crashed out of second in last weekend’s Valencia MotoGP clash, told MCN: "He is probably the best rider in the world at the moment, although I don't think he will challenging Pedrosa and (Jorge) Lorenzo for the title next year.

First it was casey at honda now its marq thats probably the best rider in the world at the moment. And the worst rider in the world took the crown right Cal. What a amazing dumb comment. he's the best rider in the world right now but cant challange jorge and dani.............................. what the F*ck is cal talking about?! how can you be the best if you cant compeat with the 2 aliens!!

Just shut up talking and make tech3 proud next year, even you wanted to leave pretty much!!

wish it was you moving to duc and not dovi. then you could talk as much as you wanted about how good the yam was compeared to the duc over and over again.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Dumbest comment ever lol

"He is probably the best rider in the world at the moment, although I don't think he will challenging Pedrosa and (Jorge) Lorenzo for the title next year." He Cal, if he can't beat Dani and Jorge for the title than he's not the best in the world you fucking idiot. Jeez.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

why is it a dumb comment what cal made.intelligent people know what he meant.biaggi won the wsbk title but sykes was clearly the better rider last season.and best rider in the world right now is referring to how hes ridden in moto2.marquez will be up the sharp end but his inexperience and riding style will prob see him crash a few times therefore giving the advantage to the other riders.meaning he is probably the best rider in the world at the moment but probably wont be challenging for the title next year.it comes down to intelligence levels as to understand what is meant therefore ur the dumb 1s not him.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

bartman1988

CAL is soooo wrong because I think Cal = the fastest man on earth and in the universe but he wil never challenge jorge and dani. but he is the fastest!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices