Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith passes first MotoGP examination MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith passes first MotoGP examination

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith passes first MotoGP examination

Bradley Smith passed the first serious examination of his MotoGP credentials when he impressed in wet and dry conditions on his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 debut in Valencia. The British rider had endured a frustrating start to his MotoGP career when intermittent rain and cool conditions meant he didn’t complete one lap on the opening day of 2013 testing in Spain. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 November 2012 08:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gordonglover

Feb 04

gordonglover says:

smiff

if they take away rider aids what impact would this have on the rookies bradle and smith etc ????? would the bike be ridable to these guys ????? i am expecting a lot more exciting racing with these guys hopefully battling for the front places and i hope to hear the national anthem played more next season and wish him all the best

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Last 15 mins...

I was disappointed he didn't come back out after pitting with 15 mins to go... he was running a few 100ths faster than MM but where MM came back out & banged in some even faster laps Bradley stayed put... he was getting faster almost every lap... I think he could have kept that going.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Brad

From his comments I get the impression Smith was more concerned with getting to know the bike rather than lighting up the time sheets, no points for being top in testing.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Typical Smith

Always got his nice sensible head on and doing things properly. Which is all very well and good as he is a fine motorcycle racer.  But I expect him to plateau as he's done in every other class and there he shall stay - somewhere short of where he needs to be.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

True... but it would have been a nice winter ego boost to have put it on the coat tails of the Moto2 champion on a factory bike & given Cal something to really worry about... I think he could have done that (his progress was similar, if not better than MM's)... I guess we'll find out next test.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

"...it's like a dinner-date with a beautiful woman, you always try to hold something back in reserve. Smith showed balls"

He's got a lot to learn about dinner dates then!?! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

LOL

Were his leathers ripped?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

great start

Great to see Bradley on a moto gp bike at last and even better to see him adapting pretty well on his first outing even although the weather was far from perfect.
I reckon Smith has the ability to do far better in this class than the previous two and it is good to know he has a decent bike under him now.
He is a clever guy and will work methodically learning a bit at a time and hopefully he will progress as the season goes on.
Definitely a better prospect than Redding in this class.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You know Buelli

For about only the second time ever I'm going to have to agree with you on something.

Yes Smith is a better prospect in MotoGP than Redding. If for no other reason than Redding is racing in Moto2 with his chances of scoring MotoGP points just a touch behind that of Smith's.

It is relatively easy for a quality rider (as Smith is) to get to a certain point (and he's only half a second quicker than Pol E's Moto2 qually time from the weekend). It is exponentially harder to cut the time gap from here on in.

Electronics have got Smith this far. Is there enough in that delicate right wrist of his to progress much further?

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Smith is quality

But does he have the balls out speed to make it in this class?

I'm thinking the same of Bradl as well. A quality rider but fast enough?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices