Skip to content

Discuss This BBC presenters lecture on road safety while not looking at the road General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > BBC presenters lecture on road safety while not looking at the road

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

BBC presenters lecture on road safety while not looking at the road

A BBC road safety series has been criticised for having its presenters drive while looking at the camera in an episode focussing on distraction.  The AA accused BBC2’s How Safe are Britain’s Roads? of setting a bad example. In last week’s programme, looking at drivers on the phone, presenters Justin Rowlatt and Anita Rani repeatedly took their eyes off the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 November 2012 10:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tbuk7

Sep 10

tbuk7 says:

Most car drivers guilty

Most car drivers are guilty of taking their eyes off the road when no need to. If you drive a car I bet you do. Not  texting on mobile or using sat nav. But if you are driving with  one passenger in front ,   When talking you look at them. Its human nature but no need. You are less than a foot away from them they know you are talking to them as no one else is there. Everyone I have been in a car does this. May not look every time they say someting but really shouldnt do it at all.  Next  time your on your bike following a car which has passenger you will see . Taxi drivers are good at talking and looking where they are going at the same time.

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Having being convicted of it...

One day, stood in the dock, I was told that 'looking at a passenger whilst engaged in conversation is just one example of dangerous driving'. Is looking at a camera different to looking at a passenger?

Of course, I was charged with the offence because i'm an easy-paying working-class man...

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

no seat belt, not looking to road and explaining me how dangerous is the roads in britain! BBC sucks they havent got a proper program even morning news you cant watch it why cause its tooo dammmmmm serious! human can smile !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices