Skip to content

Discuss This Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal

Suzuki looks likely to place its faith in the experience of Randy de Puniet to spearhead its return to MotoGP in 2014. The Frenchman is in negotiations to head development of Suzuki’s new 1000cc project, which will be extensively tested in Europe next year. The current Aspar Aprilia ART rider is close to clinching a deal that he hopes will give him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

If this is the case Suzuki are taking a massive chance.   No doubt about Randy's speed and experience but he's one of the most prolific crashers out there.    If as suggested Suzuki are only coming back for 1 season then it seems a waste of time.   They'll just be battling with the junior Ducati's for 7th to 10th or repairing trashed bikes all season.       Stick Tommy Hill on it  -  he's on the dole.

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Non Saturn!

Who ees thees Tommy Hill, uh? Is ee another of your English pig-dogs?

Pah, I spit in your general direction, an maybe shrug too, a don' know.

Monsieur Randy is a motogp genius. Who else can find a different breaking point for every corner of every lap of a race, huh?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

If Suzuki come back it has to be to 2016, Carmelo has already stated that he wont allow them back for just 1 season, I hope De Puniet getting the testing role doesn't mean no wild card entries next year. Hopper is taking a year off from full time racing next year ,would like to see him get a test role and maybe do a couple of wild cards.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Well that would make sense of Bens Pies one year stop gap at Ducati... He cant lose I guess.. GO well on the Duc and have Nicky H's seat the year after or go well and get the factory Suzuki seat with a nice paycheck to 'tempt' him off the Duc.... Cal deserves a factory seat somewhere, and he isnt going to be offered from a Japanese factory other than Suzy now. Personally I would like to see Suzuki really make an effort and field 2 factory and 2 satellite teams like the other Japanese marques.... Then Id see Bens Pies and Cal in the factory squad, and Randy partnering the Hopper in a junior team... !!!!! :P

Reply to this Topic
Peking

Jul 08

Peking says:

Hopper wont be testing anything next year, rumour has it he needs a double hip replacement.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Suzuki

If they do come back, how about a Barry Sheene rep paint job on the bike????? come on, i dare you!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

1000cc Suzuki

I've got a '53 plate Suzuki SV1000s if they want to borrow that for the season? it's in reasonable nick and I'll throw in the paddock stand and optimate if it helps?

Baz :)

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Zoo

Haaaaa !!!!!  Brilliant mate !! lol.  Maybe better though if you leant it to Ducati to improve their moto gp project..... :P

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ducati improve their project simple sack Preziosi.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Prezzy

Correct me if Im wrong but Im sure I read Preziosi had got the flick ? Wasnt it announced at the post season Ducati press conference? I also heard it was Prez who was adamant they would not stray from their V90 arrangement? If all the various iterations of GP prototypes have carried this engine layout, and yet whilst all other variables have been changed then the fault most likely is with the layout affecting balance/weight distribution given that a V90 has finite forward movement in the chassis (relative to other layouts)?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices