Skip to content

Discuss This Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Randy de Puniet close to Suzuki MotoGP test deal

Suzuki looks likely to place its faith in the experience of Randy de Puniet to spearhead its return to MotoGP in 2014. The Frenchman is in negotiations to head development of Suzuki’s new 1000cc project, which will be extensively tested in Europe next year. The current Aspar Aprilia ART rider is close to clinching a deal that he hopes will give him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Yukio Kagayama is still the Suzuki crash king of all time. He folded up so many Gixxers, the folks at Suzuki thought his other day job, was Origami master. Compared to Yukio, De Puniet is a safe bet.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

This is good news no matter who rides for them in 2014.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

You've got to look at why Suzuki pulled out of moto gp in the 1st place, wasn't so much the economy, but the deal they had with Volkswagen they were in partnership to build a small hybrid car for the jap market 2 yrs into the deal the Germans had done nothing & the japs were really pissed off so they terminated the agreement & theyre 1.9 billion euros out of pocket . That's the reason why they pulled out of moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Eddl

I've got a point of view so I don't except everyone to agree but what exactly other than crash and fill the grid what in your eyes is the highlight of his career???that is comparing him with other gp failures leaving the series in no less than 3 years.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Fogno Your quite right you are entitled to your view perhaps it's the way you put it across? were you not at silverstone in 010? perhaps that was his moment in the sun? I am biased towards randy but do realise he's just a journeyman and will never win anything but he will never have the equipment others have to try. ps he got 2nd in japan on the kawasaki of all things :)

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

rev

the press in the us is saying they our pulling out of spain too.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Eddl

I do remember silver stone but wasn't there tbh,sure it was a wet race tho if I'm mistaken many pardons,just think he has been in the series way too long for nothing but all because he is French,won't hold out much longer with young guns drafting in,he should go to wsbk and have a crack there while gp's are in crisis state.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

At least de Puniet will push it hard and find the limit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Suzuki make small automobiles

Hardly a surprise they've never cracked gas subsidised cubic capacity America. Thankfully for their corporate balance sheet they still print money in prolific new vehicle consuming countries like Indonesia and India. 

The retrenchment to marine and motorcycles is only a USA division tact, not a global one. I see no reason why this announcement should have any impact on the decision to race GP's or not. 

Nice line about random Randy Rev.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Put the Sheila on board

What about de Puniet's tart throwing a leg over the thing, she'd get a lot more air time . . .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices