Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

come on Scott

Tough winter training programme and a good diet, stay off the pies and chips lol, and loose 5kg because we need you to take that title next year.

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

So...

the more them skinny riders eat now, the less ballast they have to carry?

Eat, drink and be merry skinny boys.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

I thought GP had a weight limit, to my knowledge the Moto2 weight rule hasn't been brought in to help the big guys its been to stop riders starving themselves trying to gain an advantage. He's still gonna be the biggest guy out there, most probably always will be, just has to get used to it and adapt.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Big Ben

he'll still find himself up against smaller, lighter, faster riders (eg. Pedrosa, Marquez, etc) and they won't be carrying any ballast"

You don't know that yet.  The bikes have just added 3kg under the new 160kg min weight rule and Dani said he can already feel the difference in a heavier bike.  Whilst this rule impacts all riders (immediately Rossi and Carutchlow head for the 'no carbs before marbs' handbook) this could shift in the future.to a combined minimum thus allowing the heavier riders to benefit.  You know something sensible so as not to favour the guys who like fries.

Nice of you to acknowledge that Redding is clearly MotoGP standard - an admission well.... by your own standard.  If he's reading this, then am sure Scott would be buoyed with your holy compliment.  

p.s. He's pretty lean for a 6 foot fella who likes burgers.  Maybe his bones are made just like Wolverines?  Although Redding has more balls.

p.p.s Missed you! haha...

Reply to this Topic
jigglingtitties

Nov 12

Oh my!

Although Redding has more balls.

He could probably get by with just the two, one at a push. That should shed some weight.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Let it be known

The Brits are responsible for the fatty boy rule (___x___).  What they really wanted was for everyone to slow down so they have a chance of correcting 50 years of 1 dam win being so elusive.

If you cant do it on talent then do it with outrageous legal law.

Love that pick of him above....looks like Humpty Dumpty on a bike. Fatty Batty.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

why???? moto2 not competitive enough? Minimum weights - blah, blah, blah!!! Another example of intervening when no intervention is needed for the sake of intervening so the people in the rules and regulations area can feel like they have done there bit! If they really want to even things out, then one frame maker, one motor supplier, salary and budget caps. Simple. The teams that dominate tend to be the bigger budget teams, with the better talent on the bike. Same could be done in motogp, because the crt and prototype (really there are two divisions of prototypes factory and then satellite which is another issue) mix for mine doesn't work. It should be one or the other.

Milkybars that is the first time anything that you have written made me laugh with you instead of at you...

Reply to this Topic
MrSoftee

Nov 12

MrSoftee says:

'Outrageous" law?.. HA! Don't be ridiculous. Seems some people just can't handle change. And maz, look at it like this, when you go karting, all the karts are pretty identical, (which is what you are suggesting would completely balance everything, [even though I'm pretty sure they already all use modified CBR6 engines anyway]) I bet you still cant beat the 5ft guy who's 10kg lighter than you. Equalising Driver+car weights has been around for ages in kart/car racing, for the very purpose of making things Fairer.. Also, am i to understand that you don't want moto2 to be more competitive? I mean, this rule won't make it any worse. So why not?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

redding isn't fat

As I've said before, Redding is 6 foot and weighs 11.5 stone, that is fucking skinny.  I'm the same height and I weighed more than that when I was 18 and efveryone called me a skinny fucker.

Some right twats on here.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Good posts Maazzz & Rev

Carts? What the fuck have they got to do with the price of fish? Why do people on this forum keep comparing four wheeled things -  which require only a modicum of talent and zero dynamic body movement - with motorcycle racing? Chalk and fuggin' cheese.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices