Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Milkybars

Can't you lot add up over there, 50 years, without a win!!!! 1976 Barry Sheene World champion, 1977 Barry Sheene World Champion, 1981 Sweden Barry Sheene GP winner.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

athlete's

al these guys are respectable athletes, the word fat does not ever come into play otherwise they would be in the job would they, i take it all the guys saying this are druggy crackheads who dont keep fit and dont have rides!!!!! rules are there to make the racing better not make personal attacks on riders. f1 had weight restrictions too all it does it make closer racing and the real deal racers shine anyhow. this said marquez got away with it lightly!!!!

all the haters and pokers are just plane jane jealous.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

change for change's sake is ridiculous. Moto2 looks pretty competitive to me, obviously not. Whilst the engines are the same, chassis are not. The back markers do not have the budget for ongoing development and trick parts and the better riders get chassis updates first or some have it as part of their contract. The way it has always been.

Equally ridiculous is to imply marquez finished champion because he is one of the lightest riders. Give me a brake, the guy maybe light but he is also very talented as well. Kallio is quite a bit lighter than Redding but he seems to have his measure. Dynamic weight is completely different to static weight on motorbikes... Ballast fixed to the bike - rubbish.  

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Overweight?

Redding 6ft2, 74kg. Bmi score 20.94 = healthy weight range.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

A fatty is a fatty

and Brits have been leading the charge to end their embarrassment in the world of Motogp for a long time. Possibly 60 years....shit I cannot remember it has been so long, the amount of arithmetic I have to work out takes up an entire blackboard. Let's all give the fatty Brits a chance then.

Thank you Ben Spies (5ft 10in, 157 lbs.), for showing us that tall big boned guys can win.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

The facts beat opinion any day. And they are showing that Redding is pretty much perfect for his height. This rule wasn't brought in for competition reasons, it was for health reasons to stop bigger ridders having to drop to unhealthy and dangerous weights to feel equal. But also asks the question are riders like Kallio and Nakagami underweight?

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

That was the original thinking behind bringing in the weight rule as a preventive measure, would it be healthy for a 6ft2 person to weigh 60kg? If it was for competitive reasons then surely everyone would be brought up fully to Reddings combined weight. And please elaborate then what part of fitness does Redding need to Improve on then?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

bilkymars

Are you stationed an Mildenhall or Lakenheath ? 

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

We werent talking about results though and even if you do then it actually shows in favour of the the weight limit. He didnt stand a chance on the final straight even if he didnt bodge the corner and we all know it. So what does redding need to improve on fitness wise then? He's got a perfect height to weight ratio, is strong and I don't see him struggling to finish races so we can assume he is fit too. Fair enough he's not Smith fit, but I don't think anyone else in the whole of Moto GP is as fit as Smith.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices