Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KerryKatona

Nov 12

KerryKatona says:

smilkyarse

Like Wato has explained in simple terms, Redding is not overweight, he is appropriate weight for his height/frame and therfore weighs more than Spanish pixies.  If you want an example of overweight sportspeople consider shiny Shane Warne or that embarassing burger munching swimmer Leisel Jones.

Are you stationed at Strangeways or Wandsworth ?

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

I understand their logic (but do not agree with it) if the rule is to combat guys getting down to ridiculously low weight levels and the dangers on track that may pose, but it if riders are going to that extreme to feel equal, than I would say they need to be directed to see a shrink... and it wasn't just for that reason, it was also because Marc VDS was one of the teams lobbying for the introduction because larger riders were disadvantaged - getting ridiculous.

chaz davies 6'0", 70kg wss champion, Loris Baz is a big unit at 6'3" and 82kg and won a european superstock title, there is also Leon Camier 6'2" and 77kg, who has done well at many different levels etc... 

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

The Fatty Bum Bum Brits

Stop eating double piggy rump!!!!! cut the pig attitude pot. Fatty Bum Bum Brits.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Put Scotty on a works M1, Yasser Arafat or not, and I'd bet my entire sun & moon lingerie collection he'd finish better than 10th.

Ben Spies was America's last hope..he didn't even go down fighting.

Disgraceful, shocking..the shame of it.

Probably more effeminate than Kangeroo boy..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bilko

Mildenhall or Lakenheath ?

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

I think I've seen redding struggling more with rear tyre wear then I have fitness. Last time I saw him nearly pass out was at Malaysia in his 125days, but then again he was 16 and what about 60hp down back then. Then what is the problem of even you are saying it won't really affect the title favourite? Maaz you make some good points, but supersport and superstock aren't the same talent pool as the gp class, and aren't as controlled as the moto2 class. Cannier has done very well on bigger bikes.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Milky Bars

If I may quote Voltaire, "Sir, I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to be a complete arsehole".

Americans are generally derided the world over for all sorts of reasons. The advent of the internet has given ordinary people like you the chance to speak to the world and maybe put the stereotypical yank to rest. Present a better image maybe.
Alas! We get you and your foulmouthed, ill-mannered poorly educated, gormless and witless shit.
If you can`t be friendly, at least try and get some facts right. Imbecile. 
Ben must be so glad he`s got a hick like you in his corner. Have you no self respect? 
I know beyond doubt you`ve never been to England, or indeed Europe, because you`re too stupid, (poor) but if you had you`d know that Ben Spies and especially Colin Edwards are held in great esteem by most fans of the sport. 
I hope this doesn`t unsettle you enough to get the gun out and head to a major school. (Well, you could just blow your own brains out). 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Spot on Cheeky

ha ha ha !

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

I'm not saying Redding would have been champion this year if he and Marquez were the same weight though. Anyone who thinks Redding isn't serious must have a serious lack of understanding of bike racing, or how would he have secured a ride for 5years now and 3 in a top Moto2 team? How many times this season have we seen this season Redding in a group and as soon as he hits the straight he ends up at the back. Luckily Silverstone doesn't have a big straight to speak of really and everything was good for him that day. I get the feeling you just like to go against the common opinion. Everyone says Redding is at a disadvantage you don't, Everyone is happy to see a British rider challenging for a podium again. You shoot him down. Everyone backs smith to fail you don't (which I agree with you). To name but a few.

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Plus as I said the original topic had nothing to do with Redding or Marquez's result.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices