Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Waste of time all this he's fat, he's not fat cacca.  I'm sure he would have been too big for a 250 as well, he's fortunate the heavier 600's replaced them.  As has been said Scotty just needs a man's bike then just watch him go.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Thing is

will the 215kg minimum weight limit help him to fight for the title now that Marquez is gone ?   Will Danny Kent be able to get into the mix ?   Kent gets stronger at the end of a race whereas Redding fades.  Stamina is the key as quoted by the Rev.

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

How could Redding a moto2 rider really change the rules? That would be like supervisor telling tescos how much they should charge.He's just the highest profile and most successful big rider in the class. That's the only reason anyone has targeted him. Fair enough he was 17th in the championship with no podiums then I would agree he has to work harder, but he's not and we see him struggle each race as soon as a straight of any type appears.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Quite,

I find it odd that people would believe that the rules are being changed because Scott just went in and asked.

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ha Ha RevB

you make me laugh - Too subtle for some eh?

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Let's face it - it never has been a big mans sport. You do not have to be einstein to figure it out. No I do not think anyone believes that the rules have been changed because scott asked, however the marc VDS team was lobbying for a minimum combined weight to be introduced. I think the better approach would be no needless rule changes and If scott redding really feels that he is so disadvantaged by his weight and that is the only thing that is holding his career back, then I would suggest he is best served by taking a step up or across to wsbk /crt maybe. After all the road to motogp is not just via moto2 or he can stay put and continue to ride the best he possibly can. Marco simoncelli was over 6’ and 72kg when he won the 250 championship after being labelled a Donkey by some!  

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Rev

For everything I have said you have either changed the subject or give me your biased opinions with no facts. You try to come across as this higher being, but you can't even back up your own points.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Steady on there RevB

I'm just a bloke really !    

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Maaz why should a rider have to take a step down just because he is not a light midget? Yes Marco won but he was on one of the few riders on a factory Aprilia (no disrespect to him) and his 2 biggest rivals were crash a lot barberra and Bautista not 30 other riders with pretty much the same bike.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Wato45

quote  You try to come across as this higher being unquote    Hope the Rev doesn't mind me saying  but that's the point!!!   But at the same time he has a valid understanding of the game and knows his racing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices