Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Point proven :)

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Luis Salom might be a Moto2 contender in 2013. He,s not as tiny as most Spanish riders, and has got some sick overtaking moves. And i gather he' ridding a Kalex wich is the right choice. Luthi will now be the nr1 Suter rider, good rider but has a fee tracks where he jus,t doesn't preform. It's beween Scott Espargaro and Salom, Cortese? I downt know, verry fast KTM he had in Moto3. Kent moving up as well? Got the momentum going thats for sure. Dany's a good rain ridder wich helps for points.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Rev...

Whilst I agree fully with your Redding arguements...Simoncelli's Gilera was a badged Aprilia....

'Worzel' Redding needs to put on his racing head, he is as fast as anyone early race, but does have a tendency to drop off the pace. His stamina has been questioned by many before....

I still fail to see how a small, weaker guy on a heavy bike is supposed to compete with a bigger stronger guy on a lighter, more nimble machine....

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Just a thought. Howcome Aoyama was able to win a title on an old Honda but Dovi (when it was remarkbly newer) wasn't?

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Rev

But Aoyama had won races but was a no-one really til that point, was up against the latest Aprilia with the current champion on, while on at least a 2year old bike as you put it underpowered. I think the statistics point to him under performing.

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Plus lets not forget too that the Honda had just won 2titles before he became no.1 rider for them. I think Dovi should have worked on his speed a bit and been more serious during his time in the mid class.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Had Simoncelli and Bautista rode a sensible season, instead of beating the shit out of each other, Aoyama would probably never have won in 2009 on the inferior Honda. Most of his race wins came from the other 2 f*cin' up.....

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

because the sport is bigger than the individual and when they start making concessions to please a few they make a mess of things generally. it's not that hard really - if you believe that your weight is a burden race something or somewhere it will be less of a hinderence - and if he is as good as we think - then he will shine on a superbike or a even crt, where weight would be less critical and he would still get to his end goal. World superbike for mine isn't a step down to moto2...  Have a look at recent 250cc history, how many titles di Gilera win???? One. Hardly makes it the tear away best bike on the grid. Irrespective of your take, Simoncelli beat the opposition that was there, something that Redding needs to do. By the way this not about attacking redding. I like the kid, it is about a silly weight rule and not making ridiculous excuses.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Amazing now that Marquez has gone to moto gp the weight limits been introduced

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Mazzzz

As already mentioned below, the Gilera was a rebadged Aprillia, so it was the best bike out there. Simo still had to ride it though, which he did well most of the time when he and Bautista weren't beating the living daylighting out of each other. I think there are generally less setup options chassis-wise on a WSB bike in comparison to a Moto2 bike, which makes it an easier transition from Moto2 to MotoGP. I think the lack of chassis setup options makes the rider a bit overwhelmed when they step up from WSB to MotoGP, I certainly think it makes it a little more difficult for me. For me, where outright power is an issue and the riders weight becomes more of a hindrance, it's a good call to level the playing field somewhat, hopefully ensuring that talent makes its way to the front to the field instead of those with the lightest weight. I don't think the changes need to be drastic though, the class is good and racing is always close.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices