Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ThomasTelford

Nov 12

Rev?

No sweetcorn, I'm not the Rev, but it is a convenient distraction for you if you can't counter the argument.

people who pay good money to see a psychiatrist, needs their head examining

Yeah, what's that in percentage terms?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Rev

Very respectable figures from Dov. Equal to Lorenzo in the 250 class. Not as good as Pedrosas 19.76 and 19.81 of his championship years and nowhere near the 21.76 average of Biaggi in the 95 season or Rossis 19.31 in his.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Weight Limit

Im all for the equalisation of weights of complete bike and rider ,Im all for Scott Redding winning Moto2 , but all this "Scott was made for MotoGP" , bollocks is just nonsense . His results are not good enough, I think he should go to WSBK and get himself a few podiums , he's a Tom Sykes replica .

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Wow CH987

You're up early on a Sunday morning.    Is it just me or does anyone else think all this figure analysis and stats is meaningless.  If 125 and 250 average scores meant anything  Stoner would never have won a MotoGp race Biaggi would have been a runaway MotoGP champion  and Pedrosa would have had more wins than Rossi in MotoGP.    Sorry guys but I just don't see how that works.    

Rev.  sorry mate but also don't see how Dovi's performance in 2004 when he was a youngster converts into current potential.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

RevyGroucho

With all these accounts you've got, has the Rev got no answer to a question regarding Dovi. You're other accounts say he's doing well, he's not doing well, Redding's promising, then he's a 'rolly polly', then your new pal Groucho pops up talking about stuff through his arse. There's actually a few normal posters on here and the rest is filled up with all the shite from your other accounts, why don't you get your head sorted out and stop being such a dick. If you can't make up your mind bring out one of the other dozen or so toys in your box, to dig you out of another hole. I think you're just keeping these stupid posts of yours alive, to get your star rating up, or is it getting a bit too cold in the Valley's for sheepshagging.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Averages

in a statistical analysis mean average points score isnt a reliable system to show rider quality , it could just as easily be used to quantify the depth of talent in the whole field ,taking the coefficient of the slowest rider over a number of races  and dropping the dnf's would give a more balanced view , but there are too many variables .

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Average

Erm No they arent an indicator of a performance at all , theyre an indicator of a points tally , Averaging over a full season the winner of the title is the best perfroming rider , even if hes got no more than second places while at least 3 more have had more than one win each , its totally erroneous to link mean average points to rider performance . An econometric analysis would give an idea as to rider skill/race position but again that wouldnt explain any team related advantage , re- suspension , fuel mapping etc.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Richard and Revb.   - useful but not particularly reliable  - I have a friend who is a mathematician and statistician who has told me on many occasions that figures and stats can be manipulated to support any argument negative or positive - this is what our politicians do.   I am of the opinion that what we all do is extract the figures which support our own particular points of view whereas the same figures can be presented in a different manner which supports an opposite view...    Having said all that, what really counts is results.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Alternatively

it just confirms what we all saw anyway - that the winner scored more points   - no surprise in that.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nice turnaround RevB

but agreed !   However will the weight limit help Redding be a winner next season ? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices