Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding buoyed by Moto2 weight limit for 2013

Scott Redding’s 2013 world title hopes got a huge early boost in Valencia last weekend when a minimum weight limit was approved for the Moto2 class. A minimum weight limit of 215kg will be enforced, which includes the bike and rider in full racing kit. The move was a victory for Redding and his Marc VDS Racing squad, who have repeatedly lobbied...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

What a Joke

Don't know what I object to the most. This dumb arse rule or the names Redding and Marquez being used in the same sentance. What excuse is Reddiing gunna use now ?  I'm sure he's in the shed think'n up one as we speak.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

reverend benny - seems an analytical sort of chap

How about you change your carefully selected stas to show the 2012 season only? Reddings average will be a little better than 8.5 (half I suspect).  And it's not a fair comparison.  24 & 36 are different variables (regardless of their careers).  Prolly worth mentioning (to everyone) a ballast weight versus a rider weight is very different in terms of how it affects performance.  I.e. don't expect it to benefit Scott at much as you think.

And no, I cannot be bothered to do the analysis myself (I do enough of that at work!). Pint soon ? ;-)

p.s. Milkybars - was it you who tripped over (heavily) and fell into mom who produced the most abysmal season in US premier class history 28 years later? You better hope everyone was wrong about the Ducati.  Oh hold on a second...

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

When you can't win

make a rule to screw the competition......this will help with the 100 years of Brits riding and not getting a lousy win. Hahahahahahahahahaa!

Ben Spies came to Motogp and his records are:

2010 - 6th  - Rookie of the Year, 1 pole, 2 podiums.

2011 - 5th  - 1 WIN, 4 podiums

2012 - 10th 

James Toseland came to Motogp and his records are:

2008 - 11th  - watched grass grow 

2009 - 14th - watched grass grow

Cal Crutchlow came to Motogp and his records are:

2011 - 12th  - Rookie of the Year, Can't stop laughing at that accomplishment, watched grass grow

2012 - 7th - 2 podium

I would rather bet on Ben Spies kicking Cal Crutchlow's ass next year even though he will be on the Ducati GP13. His run of bad luck is explainable but Cal's inability to beat his rookie team mate for 4th place and not being able to at least finish behind him, but in 7th is quite appalling. To be beaten by Rossi and Bautista . ***retching and vomiting***

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Spot on Benny

Your stats say it all. We all know there are only 4 Moto2 riders who have earned a shot at MotoGP. But somehow a ranga and a biggest loser contestant seem to have slipped in through the back door.  

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Redding a contender??

While very talented I cannot help but think that Redding is not a real contender for this championship... overrated.. the results dont lie

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Just counted

33 riders in the Moto2 category. Why are people picking on Scott reading? Its fairly close racing every week but he`s usually up there in front of a hell of a lot of decent blokes. 

As I understand it the headline here "Redding buoyed by rule change" has somehow been interpreted by some into thinking he just went in and asked for it to change, the organisers shrugged their shoulders and said, "yeh ok". 
By the way, I didn`t notice any americans in the Moto2 list of riders. Or the Moto3. Ben Spies on a (well deserved)! Ducati ride....thats it. So shut up Milkybars. Moron.
Nice win by Lewis Hamilton at the weekend. Never noticed any americans in F1 either. Maybe they aren`t as clever as they think they at motorsport. Living in the past perhaps.

Oh, nearly forgot....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rev

But of course, Reddings 'build' didn't stop him becoming the youngest winner of a 125cc race against the likes of Iannone and Marquez - did it? No.

--------------------------------------------

Without trawling through the archives i'd imagine Scott's physique was 'similar' to many others at the time, or was he a fat b'stard at 15?  

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rev

13kg's is a hell of a weight to lose when Scott's not carrying too much timber in the first place from what i've seen. The sooner he get's on a big bike the sooner we'll find out how good he is, simple. With you re-his stamina though as his performances generally show..........................or equally it could be 'banging his head against a wall' syndrome. Time will tell bud.

Scott aside, i'm all for running a min weight where control engines/tyres are involved.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

With the news of the weight limit,  'Christmas has come early' for Scott. Next season HAS to be a full assault on the title, Top3 min and at least 1 friggin' win! No more excuses. As you say Rev, the limit won't hurt many. Time to ramp it up a notch or two Scott.  

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Brit and fast

don't go together.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle