Skip to content

Where to Ride Trip around Europe 2013 Anyone? Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > Trip around Europe 2013 Anyone?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Karantulaa

Feb 09

Karantulaa says:

Trip around Europe 2013 Anyone?

Planning a trip for next year June or possibly August? These are the definite places I'd like to stop - London - Berlin - Austria - Venice - Milan - Barcelona - Alicante. Route to be decided. Possibly via Czech... At each place except Venice, I have friends or family to visit so there will not be a rigid time table.

Am travelling solo but wondered if there are any bikers out there interested to join the experdition, they'd need to be fairly relaxed and with a bit of time to spare as there will be no definite dates that i will be at any particular place. A very budget trip!!!!!!! Camping and hostels and possibly couch surfing.

Final destination Alicante where my mum lives, then heading back whichever way the wind blows. Tho via Andorra and over the Pyrennes could be an option!

Let me know if you're interested! :-) It will be awesome! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 11:29)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnrodgers

May 09

johnrodgers says:

Cities/mileage

A couple of random thoughts taht occurred to me.....

Riding in cities, especially a large city you don't know in summer heat can be a challenge (to put it mildly)  Having been lost in every city I've ever ridden in I try and avoid them at all costs.

Try and spend as much time as possible in the French, Swiss and Italian Alps and Pyrenees- the best riding and (for my money) scenery in Europe and lots of opportunities for free camping. If you're headed for Venice/Milan then you are en route for the Dolomites and the Italian Lakes, Garda, Como and Maggiore which is a magical part of the world, particularly on two wheels.

The total mileage for your trip could be anything up to 5000 miles which while doable in a month would involve a whole lot of hoofage on fast roads. Six weeks would be a lot more relaxed.

Good luck with your trip

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Never...

...ridden around Garda but visited twice in late 90's by road before I got the bike license and always vowed to do UK- Southern Italy bike tour when I finally got on two motorised wheels. Not happened yet but still plenty of time. Would spend a couple of days in Garda area because there's plenty of roads to explore.

Unless you want to spend plenty of time in cities for 'cultural' exchange a biking tour around Europe for me would be more about hitting the asphalt and taking in the rural vistas.

I hear northern Europe can be pretty awesome riding too and I'd love to do that at some point.

Good luck with your trip.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices