You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Heated gloves and grips

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Pacman76

Nov 12

Pacman76 says:

Heated gloves and grips

Hi

I thought I would share my recent experience of heated gloves and grips as I imagine many people will be considering buying these products now the winter is setting in.

I have had several sets of heated grips from different manufacturers. They are OK if you want to heat the palms of your hands. Personally for me it is the outside of the fingers that get cold not the palms. Also common with all of the grips I have had.... they don't last. The quality of these products is poor in general and I have never had a pair that lasted more than one season. One bike shop I go to has stopped selling them as they keep coming back with faults. Personally I will not be replacing them again. A total waste of money in my opinion.

Last year I bought a pair of Kaas heated inner gloves. They worked fine for one winter and then packed up. The one really annoying thing with these is the connection between the lead that comes out of the battery with the lead that goes up your sleaves. It is so loose that unless you tape the things together they inveriably come apart during the journey. Again, I will not be replacing these.

This year I decided to go for some heated gloves. I purchased a pair made by Triumph based on EX02 technology. They worked fine for 2 days and then stopped working. I replaced them at the shop. They worked fine for one day and then stopped working. I took them back to the shop and asked for a refund and they were not forthcoming. I then took the advice of the salesman who said "all these electric heated products are no good... they get many returns due to faults". I did think to myself... well why stock them then. In the end the chap sold me a pair of Dainese winter gloves (not heated) and I have to say that they are the best winter gloves I have ever had. Very comfortable and seem to keep my fingers and hands very warm indeed. I ride one hour in each direction to work everyday and so far so good.

I will never waste my time and money again buying these heated products as they just are too unreliable.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 15:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices