You are in... Forums > General > General > Bollocks! Got done :(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Bollocks! Got done :(

Received an unwelcome notice in the post today - done for 64 in a 40 limit last week.

Damn these fjr1300's with their deceptively fast speed,  and double-damn the blasted "safety" cameras and the miserable sons-of-a-thousand-bastards that run them.

:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 November 2012 17:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

ouch!

bad luck mate:smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Sorry to hear that m8

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

slow

I feel your pain, disputed the last two:shock:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

ahhh....

crap, there the worse ones, the ones you didn't know where coming.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

disputed ticket...

BB - did you get anywhere, and on what grounds did you try disputing the tickets?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Yes both times

If I did the crime then I'll happily pay, but when I didn't I won't.

This was going back about 7 years. First i was going through an area I knew well and saw the van going the other way.  I was in a brand new car at the time so trusted the speedometer.  Saw the camera way ahead and was under the 30 mph limit.

Through the door came the standard pay up and shut up.  I knew darn well I was under the speed limit and I mean well under so asked for the calibration of the camera on the morning of the alleged offence.

I wasn't taking a chance as I knew I was right and their camera was wrong.  Never heard anything again.

One other time, road works were set up on a dual carriageway but no signpost to advise of the change of speed limit .  Went back to photograph start of contraflow with no sign of speed restriction.  This one took a little toing and froing but eventually after a few bulklying letters they concede defeat.

I have points on my license and thoroughly deserved, but I'm not taking them for no reason

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

Bad luck mate

Last week I flew past a gatso at 112mph as I came out of a large sweeping bend. I was like 'oh shit'. I found somewhere to turn round, went back to the camera and noticed there was no lens in it. Phew. I tapped the tank and backed off a little.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Saw

the title and thought this was a vasectomy related thread!!!

Bad luck old bean!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

cheekymonkey:

Phew,  that makes me feel I got off lightly!

In all seriousness, though, having a pig chase/follow you, then do you for speeding is reasonable enough.  They've made the effort,  so it's a fair cop.   Having one of these miserable cowards hiding in a bush, or behind a tree etc. with a speed gun is just goddamned sneaky.  

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

BB: getting done

Trouble with this one is I really don't recall seeing anything.  Obviously , slowed it down past the fixed cameras, but apart from noticing a van way, way up the road of the other side facing me (like 1/2 mile away, by which time I'd already slowed it), I really don't know where this one came from.

Can they clock you from the front and then catch your number, after you've slowed down going past them?  

Don't know if it's worth asking for the evidence, or if that would make it worse.  Just curse their impudence and pay the bottom-feeding, scum-sucking bastards.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices