Skip to content

Ask an Expert Removing restriction from Peugeot XPS 125 CT (2008) Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Removing restriction from Peugeot XPS 125 CT (2008)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

newkytez

Nov 12

newkytez says:

Removing restriction from Peugeot XPS 125 CT (2008)

Hello there

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand 2008 Peugeot XPS 125 CT motorcycle for my daily commute to and from work. Its currently only doing 55mph,.Is there a restriction on this bike? if so can it be removed and if it can is it an expensive process? Ive had conflicting reports in regards to this and am looking for a definate answer.

Much appriciated

Ian:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 November 2012 13:10)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Not familiar with your bike

is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

If it's 4 stroke, it's probably maxed out, or not far off. Most 4T bikes are built to comply with CBT limits of 125cc / 14.6bhp.

If it's 2 stroke, it may be restricted to 14.6bhp, and if you are on L-plates, you'd have to keep it that way.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Peugeot XPS 125cc CT 2008

Hi Newkytez and welcome to the site:smile

As far as i am aware this bike isn't restricted(the bikes here in very very limited amounts aren't,but could be over there?)think they should see 65mph on a flat road so,with the bike being four years old now it may need a good service to regain them few missing vital BHP's a small engine would need and may have lost over this time(may have had a hard life before you purchased it?).Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
newkytez

Nov 12

newkytez says:

Thanks for the reply AdieR,

It is a 4 stroke engine and it looks to be a Yamaha engine, Similar to the one the install in the WR125.

Reply to this Topic
newkytez

Nov 12

newkytez says:

Thanks for the reply kcmc,

It does need a service and hopefully that will bring it back up a bit, I have heard reports of this bike being able to hit 65mph and above, it does feel like there is something stopping the bike from achiveing its top speed and having riden a few 2 stroke 125's in the past with & without restrictions i convinced that there is a device on there in some manner, the engine does look like the one fitted to to yamaha WR125's and the guy in the dealer said he was sure it was the same engine. but then again he also said it did 70mph? Being a rare and unusual bike information is pretty limited but i will keep searching, thanks again

Reply to this Topic
newkytez

Nov 12

newkytez says:

sorry guys, not the Yamaha WR125 I meant the Yamaha XT125

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices