Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

Getting a new bike

Hello fellow bikers!

I'm looking to get a new bike very soon. I have been riding a cg125 for my bike test (A2), and really love it. 

It has a nice riding position, smooth ride, feels nicely balanced at low speed. Passed my module 1 with no minors on it. So i should just get a cg125 right?

I have been riding a Pulse Adrenaline 125 since my cbt, and loved it at first, but after riding the cg125, it feels like a toy. The cg125 is perfect...

Oh wait, change the 125 engine for a 500cc then it'll be perfect :biggrin:

I don't require a ton of power, i need a bike that'll get to 70mph quickly and leave me enough juice to overtake lorries and other large vehicles on the motorway and dual carriageways, and quick overtakes for those doing 40 in a 60, is going to be great. 

What bikes do you recommend for under £2000 used. 

Thanks! :wink:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 November 2012 13:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
importrider

Nov 04

importrider says:

cbf500

if you want a cg125 but with a bigger engine then take a look at the honda cbf500 , should tick all the boxes frm what you say

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I recommend

the Yamaha Fazer 600 (though I'm biased!), 2003/4 ones can be had for that kind of wedge. That said, an ER5 / 6, SV650, GS500 or CB500 probably restrict better being twin cylinder.

Don't forget to check insurance when you make the step up.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

my choice

the sv650................got the looks.............sounds great with a end can.............crackin torque thanks to a sweet v twin engine..............and best of all cheap as chips to buy and insure:wink:

Reply to this Topic
scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

Thanks

An SV is high on the list, insurance for a newish SV is going to be about £1000 a year. 

I really fancy a v twin aswell. 

Also I got a quote on a 2004 gs500. £390 a year! 

I have a ton of options, but maybe I should collect up the NCB before getting an SV. I don't want to be paying too much for insurance, can't justify it. A grand a year is what I can stretch to. 

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices