Skip to content

General Done something rather silly this afternoon General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Done something rather silly this afternoon

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Done something rather silly this afternoon

After going over to Onyerbike to get the lead I so desperately needed to fit my charger, I found another lead looking decidedly similar to the one I needed on the garage floor:shock:

Do I send the spare lead that I supposedly didn't have back and admit I'm a dumbass or do I keep stum??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 November 2012 19:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

short of being.....

knocked off the bike and hospitalised,the most likely things that will spoil your day out on the bike are (in no particular order) punctures,low sun,fading light,electrical faults,loose fittings,broken cables,blown bulbs.All of which can be rectified with a few items carried on your person....that's the good thing about metric standardisation .Most bikes (old Brits and Harleys excepted) use standard small caliber nuts and bolts.RAC and AA.If you drive a car, brilliant.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Up till now

I have had one puncture, quite a slow one, topped up every garage with air as wasn't far from home. second one was knackered valve, rac guy told me to super glue it!!!!! oh how i laughed. they took to it a garage who after sorting it overtightened bolts, then had to buy a tap and dye set to make new holes, cos the other one were sheared to shit. so perhaps i will buy the bumbag :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

calamityjane....

angled tyre valves....will cost you a  fiver each (tops) when you have new tyres fitted (good for three tyre changes) and will make air top ups a breeze(standard fit on Triumphs).

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Oldish

i got one off ebay, after the horse had bolted so to speak. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

calamityjane....

I mean these that you can asked to be fitted when you get new tyres. Not the screw on ones that you fit after;.506332
which are crud.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

tool kit on my bike

consists of 2 allen keys:shock: What happened to the nice little black plastic roll of itsy tools under your seat.  Couldn't fit a fag paper let alone a packet.under mine.

Going to sort thru my tools and make one up today, and I need a new bumbag, the kids are moaning at the one I have now .  It's the only thing I carry apart from a haversack on outings  out.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Spare Lead

Treat yourself to another bike, so you don't waste it! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

new bike??

I quite like my MV, but we are having a birt of a tete a tete,  kind find the umaluts/accents

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

senior spanner

I like your thinking, i have a spare motorcycle cover, off to get an R1 to put under it:winkie: oldish, yes i have the crap valve variety:upset:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I think I have

a crap valve:laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle