Skip to content

General Question from a silly Yank... Stolen bikes

You are in... Forums > General > Stolen bikes > Question from a silly Yank...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JakePoppa

Nov 12

JakePoppa says:

Question from a silly Yank...

I've heard (from a British friend of mine who now lives in LA) that bikes get stolen a lot in Britan. Is this true, or is he just a wanker?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 November 2012 23:36)

Post a message in Stolen bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Answer

from a silly Brit,It`s true,also clothes from washing lines get stolen as well.Why work for a living when you can steal?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Hey Yank...

No, it's not a silly question - the thieving that goes on in this country (the UK) beggars belief.

As someone who's spent a good number of years living in the US (on both sides!), I couldn't believe how relaxed people were about their property to start off with.  Leaving open-top cars with CDs lying around, sometimes even with keys in the ignition - seriously??   Not to mention having bikes unattended, yet not manacled to something unshiftable, such as a lamp-post.

So yes - if it's not nailed down, you can expect to get it stolen around here.  I don't personally know anyone who hasn't had a bike stolen, myself included.  It's an absolute blight on the country.

On the other hand, we have vastly less violent crime, and a tiny percentage of the murders that the US experiences.  If more than a few score people a year are killed in the UK with guns,  it's a bad year.  Making it into three figures attracts a lot of head-shaking and gasps of horror from the tabloids.

(The tabloids are another almost uniquely British horror, which - together with The Mail, of course - accounts for most of the brain-rot that bedevils the country.)

This isn't to say the British mate of yours in LA isn't a wanker, of course!   Chances are that's exactly what he is.  Particularly if he's now living in LA.

Reply to this Topic
JakePoppa

Nov 12

JakePoppa says:

too bad

That's pretty much what he said - if it is not nailed down, it will grow legs and walk off.

too bad.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Better ...........

Than getting shot for a buck and a half though?

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

bump.to get rid of the spammers

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

bump.to get rid of the spammers again

Reply to this Topic

Page