Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

James Ellison admitted he was gutted not to get the chance to stay with the Paul Bird Motorsport CRT squad in MotoGP next season. The 31-year-old equalled his career best result of ninth in two out of the last three races but it was not enough to save him from the axe from Bird, who had threatened to replace him earlier...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Jamess was 4th in the crt championship beaten by the 2 works aprila's of puniet and espargaro, and piro beat him on his san carlo honda., What more could he have done on birdy's budget? whilst never quite there as a racer he did himself and the team proud really and poor old shakey may get to see what an arse birdy can be when the chips are down.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

Dorna

( Bird said he was asked to replace Ellison after the Misano round in Italy earlier this year, with Dorna putting pressure on him to find a more competitive rider. )

Its is Really shite Dorna get a say in just who Birdy puts on the bike and the fact that the team was out of its depth for the early part of the season should not reflect on James effort

Hell what about Colin Edwards hes had the worst year ever dose this mean Dorna will not be allowing him to race next Year ????

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Shakey stays

in BSB for 2013, I hear he's turned down the CRT ride, now who's Bird'y going to get to replace James Ellison.

Reply to this Topic
opos79

Aug 09

opos79 says:

WHAT A WANKER DORNA TRYING TO SAY WHO RIDES WHAT BIKE TRYING TO MESS IT ALL UP JAMES

IS A CLASS RIDER WHO WAS ON A BUDGET BIKE KNOW ONE ON THAT BIKE WOULD DO WELL AS ITS

CRAP WHO EVER ON IT NEXT YEAR I FEEL SORY FOR AS YOUR JUST THEIR FOR THE NUMBERS BIRDS ON CRACK IF HE THINK HIS BIKE WILL WIN JUST BIN OFF MOTO GP AND PUT YOUR TEAM IN WORLD SUPERBIKES WERE IT GOOD RACING

AND SOME ONE GIVE JAMES A RIDE FOR 2013

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Paul

Bird (I want shakeys babies) is a prick- FACT.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Shakey shines at BSB but when it comes to world-class competition he's been found wanting, I doubt he'd do any better than Ellison.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BULLY BOY

Paul Bird Has given James Ellison a hard time for most of the season. The bike was never going to win a race and i think he has achieved  some decent results this year. Paul Bird lost Kawasaki backing in WSB because  of some dodgy dealings involving a gun ect found in the cab of one of his trucks. When you look at some of the other team bosses like Jack Valentine and or the boss of swan yamaha Who appear passionate about the sport and treat their riders with respect. I know if I was a racer who I would choose and it wouldnt be Paul Bird     

Reply to this Topic
Racerfan88

Nov 12

Racerfan88 says:

Ridiculous

Highly doubtful that Ellison is "gutted" about not being able to race for Paul Bird, MotoGp yes, Bird no. He has screwed Ellison over the whole season. Plain and simple he is cheap. Ellison is a brilliant rider, so much about this article is false and ridiculous. Again take a look back at what Ellison has accomplished in his career so far. It is not the rider it is how much the person running the show is willing to put in to it!

Reply to this Topic
MikeLitoris

Nov 12

MikeLitoris says:

That CRT ride is a poison chalice. Hope you get a good WSB,WSS or BSB ride, James

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Good luck James.

Paul bird is an asshole for how he has treated James. It's a CRT bike for heavens sake. James was given no time. I wish him well. Let's hope he gets a quality ride in BSB.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices