Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

James Ellison admitted he was gutted not to get the chance to stay with the Paul Bird Motorsport CRT squad in MotoGP next season. The 31-year-old equalled his career best result of ninth in two out of the last three races but it was not enough to save him from the axe from Bird, who had threatened to replace him earlier...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Hope Not !

I just hope that Shakey doesn't follow James to CRT as as said previously they are the poison chalice of bikes

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

That Bird chap is a bit-of-a-cock.

Reply to this Topic
buddie

Feb 06

buddie says:

paul bird comments

Paul Bird mentions Ellisons dissapointment with pre season activities. They had no testing pre season.So he was just making it up.What did he mean??? James went into the first race having never tested the bike. I think because Ellison had already been in motogp as a test rider for Dunlop aboard the Tech 3 bike ,Paul Bird used him as an entry into GP. It is not easy to get into the Motogp Loop and James was an ideal rider as he says himself 'niave' candidate. He was a proven multi championship winner and been there before. He did brilliantly in the final BSB 2011 finale holding up Hill and Hopper.So was fresh in everyones mind. The year before he raced for nothing for Simon Buckmaster to get on the world Scene. He was always sidelined for Factory rides when he won two concurrent European championships. for riders that came second or third. It is obvious it all comes to money. It is a shame that everyone has to pay for their ride. There are plenty of people out there that should be hanging their head in shame because they have shafted him over the years, But they wont they will just shaft some other 'niave optimistic' young up and coming rider and we will read about it all again in a few years time. Paul Bird is now on the Motogp grid for 2013. I bet he doesn't look one person in the eye. All riders know there time with a team are only Linited, but the way James has been treated by Bird and the Media is shameful. Maybe he James take it on the chin as he said, but how many more times. Get yourself a Manager James. Thats my advice.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

If I remember correctly some were predicting that Ellison will not last in MotoGP and I happened to be one of the guys who said it I think its best he sticks with BSB where he can fight it out for victories.

Paul Bird what a moron.

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

IMO I do feel pretty sorry for Ellison as it seems to me that Bird has underminded him. I am sure Ellison had complained about a few bike related issues that Bird just seemed to ignore and then brought Shakey in to test the bike hoping that Shakey would then just jump on the bike for the rest of season, yet Shakey confirmed a lot of the issues/concerns that Ellison had pointed out and suddenly results from Ellison started to get better and better.  Now I am not sure if after being underminded by Bird or Shakey's comments about a shit bike gave Ellison a boost (as in "I told you so you prick") or Bird listened to Shakey (as in Bird saying to Ellison "I will not value your opinion Ellison, just fucking ride the thing") but suddenly the bike and rider were performing way better.

I think all in all Ellison has had a pretty decent season, as already pointed out he was 4th in CRT, behind 2 riders from the same half decent team and the other rider on a "satalite team" CRT version.  Those teams above him weren't mugs....unlike Bird whose man management is just utter bollocks.  Ellison could have turned around, when Bird kept coming out with his "un moral boosting" statements, and said "fuck this I am off" but he didn't and acted a lot more professional.

I doubt James will get a ride on the world stage for next season but would love to see him back in BSB if Robin Croft can get SMT Honda back in the paddock

Reply to this Topic
buddie

Feb 06

buddie says:

Crashes?

Well you always get crashes .ellison very rarely crashes and if you know the cost of the damage then you probably have a rough idea of how much more cal crutchlows crashes cost too . Then there is Colin Edwards , who has tested all yeR before "racing" his bike. Is he being criticized for his shoddy performance this year ? I spoke to James last year just after he knew about his motogp return and mr bird apparently told ellison " as long as you are not last just do your best it's the first year". Well with no testing he did a damn site better than Colin Edwards

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Buddie

Have to agree with you there, Ellison did well with what he had available, Bird's never been satisfied with any rider for long, unless they're winning titles. Colin Edwards, should have been dropped from MotoGP years ago, he's lucky to have a CRT ride, he's wasted his time in the MotoGP  Circus, when he should have been back in WSB, he still has a superbike riding style, after all this time.  

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

crashing

i can think of many more gp riders that crashed more than  james,still they continue to fill the grid, but the team is not exactly up to speed as with the crt package nothing is going to be unless its a full blown prototype, crt is a joke this article and my reply as every other about crt aint really much relevant are they.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Benski changing his tune..?

Oi!!!

Earlier this year you obliterated Birdy for being a downright filthy crook who shoudn't be allowed to run a team in GP! (apparently summat to do with a truck being csearched for illegal substances you stated?)  And Ellison was a fool to go and ride for him who would end up being shafted.

So yes you were correct with your prediction, however why the change of view on Ellison and support for Birdy?

Unusual for you to go 180 on your views mate!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

I'm surprised that Ellison lost his ride, considering that he had no testing before the season started, & I thought he rode a good season, he told the team what was wrong with the bike,so they got shakey Byrne to test it & he said the same thing as Ellison so why dump him after a season?. Ah I remember now espolita got involved & told the team to dump him,my rep,y to that I would say to espolita, " my team & riders,mind your own business "

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices