Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison gutted to lose MotoGP ride

James Ellison admitted he was gutted not to get the chance to stay with the Paul Bird Motorsport CRT squad in MotoGP next season. The 31-year-old equalled his career best result of ninth in two out of the last three races but it was not enough to save him from the axe from Bird, who had threatened to replace him earlier...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

birds a cunt common knowledge

And Ellison a fool if he Expected anything else, Benny your a turncoat as well as a spineless brainless twat !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Blue...

.....that was exactly my point about how shite the bike was and Bird being a cocky git thought he'd get Shakey to test it and hmmmmmm....same result...the bike was shit. but he seemed to listen to Shakey about the problems and hey presto the bike starts to perform!! From what I have read Shakey didn't tell Bird anything different than what Ellison did. If I was Ellison I maybe thinking this is a blessing in disguise that he no longer has to ride for him and can now litterally give him the Bird

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Hard to justify sacking him.

It looks like keeping Ellison on the bike for the remainder of 2012 must have involved a promise from Birdy that James wouldn't be on it in 2013. Because if you look at James' results across the year, and definately in recent races in particular, it is very hard to justify sacking him. So if James was black balled way back in May or June then perhaps a bit more of a hint that he should be applying for jobs elsewhere would have been useful.    

Reply to this Topic
SarahEllison

Nov 12

SarahEllison says:

Excuse me Mr Benny, but you sure do speak of numerous subjects that in actuality you know nothing about sir. You, and many others get their only view of this sport on TV and in the press. Nothing wrong with that as you can't all be trackside, member of a team, a rider, relative etc. The problem comes when people like you base their opinions on that level of access and then go to the internet and talk like that's all there is. Of course opinions can be ignored.. what riles those who know better is when that opinion from a TV watcher sat on the sofa is passed off as fact or as some sort of in-depth analysis. There are politics and lies and under the radar things going on. So whilst you can have your opinion, don't sit on the friggin internet acting like it's easy to see who's talented and who isn't. Might I add, until you are rider yourself or have any inclination of what these boys endure 365 days a year for this sport, it'll be best to just keep your trap shut. You look like an imbecile talking about James as if you know what this year or any others have been like from the inside. I will not comment on remarks regarding Paul Bird or the team, although maybe you should consider doing the same because your so called facts have no merit from where I stand. Ps, and I quote, "but still crashed out in the first few races of the new season". James had 2 race crashes this year: Laguna and Philip Island.

Reply to this Topic
twostrokes

Nov 12

twostrokes says:

Mrs Ellison

The vast majority of comments on here feel sorry for James,one days pre session testing,,slow to receive upgrades(well behind Aspars team),Front end chatter which Shakey confirmed when he rode bike but why did it need Shakey to confirm what James had been complaining of,personally I think thats undermining James.Unable to use upgraded engine for practice only warm up and race which doesn't help set up and grid position and finally it was mentioned that he found out on Social media sites he was out of a Job!!!

Yeah Paul Bird not a bad egg then...Traps off on Tv and papers about a rider but hasn't got the balls to explain to his rider why He won't be with team next year..

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

lonely benny?

nobody to talk to so more new characters invented.
Get a fkn life eh!

Reply to this Topic
Racerfan88

Nov 12

Racerfan88 says:

In replies to...

Why would there be any thanks or praise to Bird? Oh for giving Ellison the shaft. Ha. Mr. Benny you sir are sadly mistaken on your facts. Get it together before you try and make accusations on what you think you know. As for Mrs. Ellison very well put!

Reply to this Topic
lordcharles

Nov 12

lordcharles says:

Well said...

...Mrs Ellison, clearly the ReverendBenny has got a big spoon, and is stirring it.

Reply to this Topic
Racerfan88

Nov 12

Racerfan88 says:

ha.

Please enlighten me then ReverendBenny. You seem to think you know so much about everything, even who I am fond of apparently. So please let me know where you get your facts and accounts of how things are, I guarantee my sources are more reputable than yours.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Likelihood of the real sarah ellison posting on mcn

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices