Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you think of 'biking celebrities'? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What do you think of 'biking celebrities'?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you think of 'biking celebrities'?

This week saw yet another a-list celebrity take to two wheels, with shots from the States showing Justin Bieber cruising around Los Angeles on his new customised 848 Ducati. Bieber joins the ranks of others such as Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and of course Ewan McGregor to take to bikes. But; is having celebs on two wheels good for biking, raising our...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 12:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Sane option?

Celebs are allowed to just like riding a bike too, regardless of the attention they get, they get the same amount of attention from gossip mags if they eat a pear

Reply to this Topic
DamianJ

Feb 09

DamianJ says:

Bieber

To preserve my fading masculinity, I will no longer be able to ride anything below 848cc now Bieber has the Duke. What a shame, that new Daytona was looking tasty.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Let's Have Them.

Some of them are undoubtedly blaggers and poseurs but they'd still be that if they used a chauffeur and a limo' - so why shouldn't they ride bikes? I say yes, let's have them.

I'd like to add that I met Charlie Boorman at an Explore The Outdoors exibition in Plymouth a couple of years ago. What a delightful man he is and a good ambassador for biking.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

depends!

Who do you call a biking celebrity? To me, a biking celebrity is Ted Simon or Sam Manicom, just read their books. Just coz a famous person rides a bike doesn't mean they are doing it for publicity, they are human after all, just richer and in the media. Any star riding a bike has to be good publicity for biking, it shows that its an activity enjoyed by people from all walks of life. As for the options in the poll above, for me, its 'none of the above'! And look how many films have bikes in them, Skyfall, X men, Mission Impossible, Iron Man, Wild Hogs, etc etc.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Meet and greet

One of the nice things about celebrities riding bikes is that very occasionally you get to meet someone you actually want to meet. Having had a beer at The Rock Store with Jay Leno or bumping into Robin Williams and Bruce Willis - 2 because of motorcycles and one because of bicycles (RW) I say go for it. Ok, I wouldn't want to meet Justin Beiber or Tom Cruise but everyone's got to have some fun, and they've definitely got the cash: So why not?

Reply to this Topic
MAINEAC

Nov 12

MAINEAC says:

Leno almost got whacked in a charity run in LA.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqP7FZtLnjE

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I don't see what all the fuss is about, they're afterall human beings some of which like to enjoy themselves. And if it gives bikes more appeal then I'm all for it. As long as the celebs aren't riding like complete plebs doing wheelies and sliding round corners or drink and drug riding then it can only be a good thing!

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

JB

... i don't think i want an 848 anymore. :/

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

normal celebs

like tom cruise and ewan mcgregor and even jay leno are great for biking they show off the respectable side and give off a good public image bieber on the other hand is a jumped up little **** and should be kept well away from motorcycles of all kinds because i think we can all predict fairly safely that when he crashes wearing just a helmet witch he will they will blame the bike for his injures not the fact he cant ride and isnt wearing protective clothing

not to mention the fact he is ruining ducatis image i feel sorry for all the ducati owners and profesional riders who are gonna have media people pointing out "beiber has one of those you know" and then have to kill them selves with the shame of it

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

They'd get a nod same as anyone else

Well, Bieber might get kicked into a ditch, and Cruise can keep his Scientology woo to himself, but riding a bike means that I have more interests in common with them than with 95% of the other people on earth.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices