Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez exciting for MotoGP, says Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez exciting for MotoGP, says Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez exciting for MotoGP, says Nicky Hayden

Nicky Hayden believes the arrival of controversial but fast Spaniard Marc Marquez in MotoGP next season will inject fresh excitement and interest into the premier class. The reigning Moto2 world champion made an impressive MotoGP debut in last week’s weather-hit test in Valencia when he finished just over a second behind new Repsol Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa. Marquez was seventh quickest at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 12:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Hedgehog5

Yeah i probably didn't word that quite right with regards the Honda blasting by the Yamaha on the straight, i wasn't referring to top speed as such which isn't that important but how the Honda got out of the corners so much better than the Yamaha, some tracks by the time they'd hooked 3rd the Honda was past Jorge, Jorge may have had a higher top speed at Phillip Island but by then the Honda had long gone.

Jorge won the title as the best rider over the season but the Honda is still the best bike, if Jorge had been on the Honda this season he'd have won plenty more races, Ben his team mate either stiffed or had mechanicals, Cal and Dovi had good runs at the podium but Bradl as a rookie gave them a lot to think about this season and Alvaro came good too.

Also, as reverendbenny points out the Honda was most reliable too, i still see the Honda as being the bike to beat next season, the Yamaha has some strong points but as a package the Honda is just better.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Trumpet...

He still won exactly 1/3rd of the races in a what was essentially a 3 horse race... & the title. I still can't see your logic... he had one less engine but still had no reliability problems... so his engines had to actually last longer (as I understand it) than the 2 Hondas... let's agree that his Yamaha was as good as the Repsol Hondas at least.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No..let's not.

The Honda's could have made the season on 4 engines looking at the engine charts. Why do you think they will be going to five engines next year?

Dovi scored more points last year on the RCV with both Spies and Marco taking points off him. The competition was easier this season.

Cal is a faster rider than Bradl and Bautista..what would he have done on a works RCV like Alvaro? He is just a rider and looking to apportion blame?

Hahaha..let's all agree with Hedgey then, who hasn't even got a motorbike and takes the bus.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"The Honda's could have made the season on 4 engines looking at the engine charts. Why do you think they will be going to five engines next year?"

Could have... c'mon... but didn't have to... JL had to make do with 5 with Bautistas knock out... I said "let's agree that his Yamaha was as good as the Repsol Hondas at least"...  & you quote the performances of a load of other riders as your basis for not agreeing... sorry if that wasn't clear... does that mean you actually do agree?

Tell you what... show me the data to support your argument that the Hondas would have raced a full season on 2 less engines & that JL's Yamaha couldn't have & maybe we'll agree... I don't want to continue in a belief that is clearly wrong so I will concede... but something tells me it's nowhere near as clear cut... as I've been saying.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Cheers Wosi...

... thanks for the link... interesting... I had missed that one.

MM - "Even if Lorenzo were to lose another engine, he should be able to make it to the end of the season without having to start from pit lane."

So yeah... they think he could also have afforded to lose another engine... they didn't...

Looking at that data rather than the opinions JL had only 1 extra race on his last 3 engines up to Malaysia. He split his other engines to take the load after Assen away from Dani's "more traditional engine strategy" afforded by not losing a brand new engine.

MM - "Lorenzo's biggest challenge may come not from an exploding Yamaha engine, but from the Honda's dreaded reliability. Dani Pedrosa has engines to spare"

OK... a valid opinion... he had 1 engine more than JL anyway & did more sessions on his last 3 than JL, who they've said could have afforded to lose another engine... JL would clearly have had an engine to spare too & enough to cover shelving another, though I'm sure each would have preferred to use their full allocation.

Also, which 2 engines would Honda have not used? Surely not 2 of the last 3 & the 1st 2 did a lot of sessions & races... too many not to use No.3 comfortably surely? Does he actually mean spare mileage in several engines? We know which one Yamaha didn't use. One Yamaha engine did 46 sessions at 15 events including 4 races without blowing up... Honda? 35 with 5 races was their oldest. Prove anything? Yeah, the Yamaha didn't blow with a lot more km's on it because it had to... & the Honda didn't either with less because it didn't.

Thanks again... I am now more informed... I'm not throwing this back in your face, but I see nothing convincing. There is evidence both ways & only one guy won the title... with one less engine.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices