Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Your favourite winter accessory General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Your favourite winter accessory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Your favourite winter accessory

With winter well and truly here, all the talk at MCN HQ recently has been on the winter commute, and how to make it a little more bearable. There's every accessory going being used, from heated clothing to winter bikes, right up to Chad fitting handlebar muffs on his GSX-R (briefly)! What's the secret to your winter riding? Is it a mucky...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 12:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Winter riding

A combo of heated grips and bar muffs. YES, they might look crap, but biking isn't a fashion parade is it??

For those that had problems with the muffs catching their levers, you either need to make a sort of cage to go INSIDE the muffs out of wire, or you can now buy muffs that bolt onto your bar end weights (IIRC TUCANO make them).

I have a Frank Thomas winter bike coat and it's FANTASTIC. It's almost too warm. I don't ride too far in the winter, maybe a couple of hours at a time. Biking is my hobby, so don't need to commute. I only go out on nice days. If I did a LOT of riding, then I would get a heated waistcoat/jacket. You don't need to be cold on a bike anymore. This isn't the 70s/80s....

I also rinse the bike off with cold water after every ride to get rid on the salt..

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Bar muffs

eatcs01, Well said! i would thoroughly recomend shoving one's ego up one's bum & fitting them. To make a support cage, bend a wire coathanger in half into a v shape, then create loops at each end & slide over bar ends, then tape/glue in position.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices