Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Retro roadsters General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Retro roadsters

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Retro roadsters

Many manufacturers are getting into the retro market, with BMW launching ther entrant into the field this week. But retro styling isn't everyone's cup of tea. Are you a committed fan, or would you never be seen dead on one?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 14:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

No way José

I'd never buy such a thing as I like to move forward in life not backwards.......

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

no ta.

If I wanted to buy a retro bike, I'd buy an old one and do it up. The fake ones just seem so, well, fake.

Reply to this Topic
MAINEAC

Nov 12

MAINEAC says:

Hell yeah!!!

I guess my bike is a kinda retro bike... I ride a 2003 Yamaha Royal Star Venture... It is not a retro in the normal way... It's not a retro replica of an old Yamaha model... It gets its styling from from American full dressers... BUT with the V-4 it surpasses anything ever made in America as far as reliability and performance... I have 130,000 miles and it's still running strong... 1 valve adjustment is the only time I've ever had the valve covers off... I rode a BSA 650 Lightning back in the day and it was a blast but required wrenching to keep it going... Would I like a new Triumph retro with similar styling with modern components and superior reliability and performance??? I say HELL YEAH!!!!

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

it's my bag

I love my Bonneville T100. It is retro only in external looks. I would love an original one, but I am not a grease monkey, hence I have the best bike in the solar system.

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

i want one

... just want a sportsbike more.

Reply to this Topic
Forcefedvw

Nov 12

Forcefedvw says:

I've got one and I love it

I have a W650 dressed up like a Cafe Racer - old Ace bars, single seat, rear sets and noisy megaphones. It always pulls a crowd both young and old and besides the odd disappointment when it turns out not to be a Bonnie, most people seems to like it.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Sit on...

a Triumph Scrambler and give it some throttle and any doubters will change their mind, great sound

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Yes!

my fave bike I've ever owned was my Hinkley Trident, black with the red teardrop on the tank and hand-applied gold lining.

I put Daytona 3 spoke wheels on it with the larger 320mm disks and 4 pot calipers, megas, Speed Trip (900) rearsets and clipons & had the seat re-covered to look older.

not everyone's idea of a retro but I liked the retro cafe racer looks :)

then Len Manchesters pinched it off me! the gits....

So I'm trawling MCN classifieds for another project base...

Cheers 

Baz 

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@ Max748

Yep me too but a tourer not a sports bike, in my dream garage I would have one

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I've had many bikes, including a 2009 Speed Triple and I must say the 2010 Scrambler I had with Arrow exhausts was simply the most fun I've had on almost any bike (except my MT-01). It was super nimble, with upgraded rear suspension and front fork spring kit, the I could hold up with sport bikes in the twisties. It looked awesome and sounded like nothing else (sounds crap with stock exhaust though). Sold it cause for 2up riding it just wasnt great other then a quick ride around the city. For solo riding though, it was really hard to beat and very comfortable. You just need to accept the fact that its a conversation piece, and everywhere you stop someone will come up asking what year it is...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices