Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Retro roadsters General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Retro roadsters

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Retro roadsters

Many manufacturers are getting into the retro market, with BMW launching ther entrant into the field this week. But retro styling isn't everyone's cup of tea. Are you a committed fan, or would you never be seen dead on one?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 14:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Not sure...

I would quite like some retros from that period (e.g. Ducati Pantah, Ducati Darmah (The 900SS is too uncomfortable), CBX-A, CB900F, Laverda Mirage/Jota 180 even a Plastic Maggot (CX500A) ) but a 70s style Bonnie isn't my cup of tea.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ MAINEAC

“I ride a 2003 Yamaha Royal Star Venture... BUT with the V-4 it surpasses anything ever made in America as far as reliability and performance...”

I think that you forget that for a long time Honda Gold Wings were made in the US.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Wouldn’t mind…

Having a CB1100, Bonnie SE, or TU250X in my garage (oddly the Kawasaki W800 is not sold in the US). Would much rather ride than wrench, so newer bikes are preferable to the real classics for me.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

My next bike

Will probably be a Kawasaki VN900 Custom or a W800 depending on what rides better. I love the look of both of them but my next purchase will be based on the comfort of the ride and how cool it looks above speed and practicality. It'll be a 2nd fairweather bike as I'm an all year round biker and would rather a 'nice' bike for summer fun than a car for winter, I have my ER6 for that I just hope it's still up for it by the time I can afford another bike!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Retro

It's a bike, so YES, I would ride one. I'll ride anything. Don't judge a bike until you've ridden it. I test rode a Kawasaki W800 for a laugh. It was MASSIVE fun. Scraping the pegs, flat out, down on the tank, all at less than "ban" speeds.

I'm not into modern sports bikes, as they are too uncomfy for me, and I nearly always carry a pillion too.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Retro guzzi's

I have very fond memories of my v50 in the early 80's, just unreliable at the time. The modern v7's are well worth checking out.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

If its got 2 wheels i,ll ride it, snobbery is for the car world, not bikes

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@Ben52

Like it dude, if it's got 2 wheels give it a blast, although a young lad wouldn't let me rid his 125 Varedeoo the other day (I am over 20 stoneish) lol

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Up to a point

I will agree with anything with 2 wheels and an engine being good up to a point – some of the no name, made in China scooters and motorcycles sold out of port warehouses are bloody dangerous crap.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Best of both worlds

Have a retro next to the sports bike in the garage.

There is just as much fun from a naked bike at real world speeds. Some days you really can't be arsed to go the high power, committed riding style and just want to ride and chill out.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices