Skip to content

Discuss This Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs

Taking a speed awareness course could lead to increased insurance premiums. Admiral is raising premiums of people who attend the courses, which are offered instead of a fine and licence penalty points. The insurance group says people who attend the course pose a higher risk.Avoiding extra insurance costs has been a key attraction of the courses, which are typically more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 16:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

HighWay Robbery ......

So I Guess that ALL EMPLOYEES and DIRECTORS of ADMIRAL INSURANCE have a clean licence and never Exceed the Speed Limit, EVER. "Ivory Towers", "Glass Houses" Know what I Mean ?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Higher insurance...

So let me get this straight.   If someone has points on their licence, they get higher insurance costs.  But if people attend these courses instead of getting the points, they will now get higher insurance costs aswell.   

Great to see that these insurance companies aren't out to make ever more money, and are actually looking after the interests of their customers.  And when one ins. co. comes up with a wheeze like this, it spreads like only a bad idea can - they'll all be at it before you can say, "how much??" 

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

how will they know

if you don't tell them, it's not endorsed on your license.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Robbing Bastards

They will screw you any way they can, twats!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

RIP OFF BRITAIN.......

27 year old Doctor Just passed his car test, VW Lupo. Fully Comp £2700.00 Car Value @ £2000.00 Verdict ?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Whats that sir???

You use the top three gears on your bike? I'm afraid that means a £200 excess! And you take it out on public roads????? Well. . . . . . . . .

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

"27 year old Doctor Just passed his car test, VW Lupo. Fully Comp £2700.00 Car Value @ £2000.00 Verdict ?" Learner driver just passed his test in a £2,700 car insured for £2,000 sounds about right. you think being a doctor makes you less likely to crash?

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Snev

Doctor in 2k motor crashes into several other 2k motors, (or a bentley), that's why his premium is more than the car value, BUT, that's not the point......it's anything to get more money,!!!!!! So I agree with tris123, how will the tossers know if you don't tell em,.???????????

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

DONT BE STUPID

You only have to go on the speed awareness course to avoid getting points and a fine for speeding!

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

INSURANCE RIP OFFS

This is just another scam by these rogues who provide us with the most basic rewards for taking insurance with them, while they rip us off with crazy premiums year in year out. Now its a case of how can we make more lame excuses to take more of these pilgrims cash.

Just got my house insurance thru mega hike, called to question informed I now live in a flood risk zone. Bull I said I live top of a hill no rivers or streams within miles of my home. Now with another company who stated they were happy to cover me and my post code wasn't a flood risk with them. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle