Skip to content

Discuss This Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Speed awareness course could mean higher insurance costs

Taking a speed awareness course could lead to increased insurance premiums. Admiral is raising premiums of people who attend the courses, which are offered instead of a fine and licence penalty points. The insurance group says people who attend the course pose a higher risk.Avoiding extra insurance costs has been a key attraction of the courses, which are typically more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 November 2012 16:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

btw.. I'm in my late 40's now and I don't speed anymore. At all. Ever. Honest guv.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

With the soon to be announced, 1600 Busa, I fear that the Laws will change again. 225mph should really upset the Insurance Companies.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Admiral

I had my bike insurance with Admiral via a broker, so when I changed bikes recently I rang the broker to inform them and get the policy transferred, only to find Admiral wouldn't insure me because the bike was too expensive as they won't insure anything over £10k. So I went with a group who would. But it made me think that the way some prices are going, Admiral won't insure any new bike bike soon.

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

so is it mean dont go and just pay your fine :) you know what this country getting rediculus ! insurance company needs a shepherd! they do what ever they please govorments should put a stop to this ! I hate all insurance companies anyhow! you are never right, only once you are may be right and the third party isnt insured. Insurance business got more profit then selling petrol in UK that is very sad!

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Steve Farrell...

"ACPO subsiduary RSS receives income from speed awareness courses by running a database of people who have already taken one."

Yep, and for those people saying to just not tell your insurer if you've attended a course, don't complain when you have a claim knocked back for failure to disclose! 

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Suckers

what a bunch of suckers for attending one of these courses.

total bollocks and a waste of money.

Be more awear of your surroundings when riding and you wont get caught or ride like a twat and cop for loads of fines and points.

As romford 4 says its all on the plod data base and you will be stung.

Reply to this Topic
fenderbender8000

Nov 12

I took a speed awareness course recently (an alleged 35mph in a 30mph limit in rural North Wales)and asked specifically whether the course may be raised by insurance companies. The instructor said he had never heard of such a thing and suggested I change insurance companies if it did. But, vitally, attending a course is NOT the same as a conviction. We forgo the right even to plead guilty or not guilty to the alleged offence by attending the course. How can insurance companies penalise you for something that has never been tested in a court of law?

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Lies, damn lies and statistics

I can't recall one single accident I have had in 39 years of riding which was caused by speeding. All of them were at under 30. Surely the people most likely to claim are those who have accidents. Why is speed automatically associated with the likelihood of greater claims, show me the lies...er statistics which conjoin speed with claims. I often 'speed', but rarely claim.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Rogerborg

They certainly USED to do courses for careless driving. I did one in approx yr2000 after crashing into a fully marked up police car (don't ask, it's too funny for words).

I have also done a speed awareness course. I think EVERYONE should do one. They are very informative. It's amazing how many people don't know what some speed limits are. Many people think the speed limit on a dual carriageway (in a car) is 60. Many people don't realise there are different limits for different vehicles (cars -v- vans -v- lorries etc).

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

Fool !

I have opted to attend one class sometime ago and I regreat to have decided to go there, what a load of porky pie! have not learned a thing in there!!!!!!

Only done that for the sake of money and points, but next time, if there will be one, I rather take the points and ££££££

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices