Skip to content

Discuss This Shane Byrne opts for BSB over MotoGP British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Shane Byrne opts for BSB over MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Shane Byrne opts for BSB over MotoGP

Shane Byrne will attempt to lift a fourth BSB title in 2013 after opting not to move to Paul Bird’s MotoGP squad next season. Byrne could have moved to Bird’s CRT squad but he has chosen to stay in British Superbikes to race a Kawasaki ZX-10R with Keith Farmer for Bird's Rapid Solicitors-backed effort. The 35-year-old has been agonising over his future...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 10:55)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

wrong number

hope james tells bird to shove it if he comes knocking on the door. he really needs to learn how to encourage his riders rather than morally destroying them.

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Great news

Common sense has prevailed, i wouldn't wanna see shakey riding round in 15th or so

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Shane Byrne

This is great news for BSB. It will be interesting to see who douchebag bird puts on his mobile shed in MotoGP, with a bit of luck James Ellison will find a BSB birth as well!

Reply to this Topic
Badgerbanger

Dec 10

Badgerbanger says:

Excellent decision by Shakey...thinking with his head and not his heart.

CRT is the red headed step child in a pretty poor racing series.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Brave move

Brilliant news,just shows he's certainly not seeking an easy ride ! Hopefully a third title on the cards ? I said before CRT is a killer of for your CV

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Interesting !!

This should be interesting now that 'Birdy' needs two riders as one CRT bike is the same as this season and the other is a Paul Bird own chassis, who would want to ride that after the grief he gave Ellison?? Cant seem him going cap in hand to James and now his golden boy (no offence to Shakey) has opted to stay in BSB who will partner Yonny Tommy hill maybe!?

Reply to this Topic
DLman123

Feb 11

DLman123 says:

Fantastic News

Great to see Shakey has made the right decision to stay in the greatest superbike series and now with the up and coming Northern Ireland rider Keith Farmer as his team mate it should be a formidable team.It's a pity a great rider like James Ellison couldn't make the step up to BSB instead of flogging a dead horse at the back of the Moto GP field and only getting coverage when he is being lapped.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Past his sell-by date

Sure, Byrne can't be expected to do well on a CRT but he was never exactly scorching on a works Aprilia back in 2004. 9 years down the line he will be an also ran even if he was on a Factory Honda. How much longer has he got? Retire - retire - retire or bore us with being the BSB paddock bully for another year... yawn

Reply to this Topic
kwakakid

Mar 09

kwakakid says:

Thought Shakey had an exciting year last year, cetrtainly didn`t find him boring, anytime i saw him seemed s genuine guy, maybe u can change my mind luckyskua, please elaborate where the paddock bully comes from.

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Not a surprise really....

........after watching the BSB season review when Shakey said that yes 3 BSB titles means alot but he winning 4-6 titles would show calibre of a champion (or words to that affect) so I really didn't think he would jump on the CRT and I am pleased we are gonna see him back in the BSB paddock next season looking for a record title bid.   No offence to Shakey or Farmer but I would love to see Ellison come back to BSB, run up the sharp end of the grid and give the Bird the bird

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices