Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

The fallout from Valentino Rossi’s disastrous two-year spell with Ducati is starting to be felt, with Filippo Preziosi and Alessandro Cicognani replaced in a major management shake-up. The highest profile casualty is Preziosi, who has been an instrumental figure at Ducati Corse since the Bologna factory entered MotoGP back in 2003. He was widely acclaimed in 2007 when Casey Stoner won the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 11:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Been on the strongbows all night Wosi

Not a lot of comprehensible coherency there with a bunch of figures which are mean't to show what?

The Yamaha a slower bike, ha, ha. Georgie's bloody good, but he doesn't get on the gas so well.

I'll leave you with just the one quote from your 'clear, concise feedback genius' when asked what does the Ducati need Rossi replied "err, I don't know, I'm not an engineer."

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Ducati brought nothing to the table, so he approached Yamaha..who yanked his arm off to sign."

Really Wosi?.. Why then is Rossi the designated number 2 rider, with Lorenzo leading the development of the M1? And why is Rossi having to ride for virtually nothing in comparison to his younger team mate? That doesn't lead me to think Yamaha were that desperate for his signature. As you and I know Wosi, it has thatch all to do with Yamaha wanting him back due to his vast technical knowledge as you suggest, and all to do with the power of personality being able to sell motorcycles..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's pretty simple..

To denigrate Rossi, some of you like to think Stoner spanked Hayden, Val didn't and that proves Rossi is shit.

The reality is..Stoner beat Hayden, so did Rossi. The gap which it's claimed illustrates Rossi barely beating his team mate, thereby backing up your theory, is only 21pts less than Stoner managed over respective seasons of 18 races.

That my friend, blows your bullshit clean out the water and puts another dent in your credibilty.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

and I repeat

on any given day with the Ducati Stoner gridded up competitively, a real threat for the win to his fellow competitors. Conversely Lorenzo for example never even saw Rossi on track during the last two years. Stoner only saw him twice, both times wet - once Rossi covered himself in some sort of tepid glory, the other with a coat of ignominy.

Rossi's a grid filler. As CHR states Yamaha have only brought him back into the Yamaha family fold for marketing purposes to trade off the legacy of their good years together, and from their perspect hopefully retain him in some sort of PR / ambassadorial role through retirement as they do with Lawson & Roberts. So in essence he's little more than a glorified brolly dolly for YMC now. But you know this really Wosi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

new rossi helmet......

Will feature a bully in a doctors coat pushing a wheelchair bound man in front of a bus as its feature graphic, as always i 100% gaurantee it.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

why are ppl still going on about stoner??hes turned his back on the sport to go race shitty v8s rossi and ducati didnt work end of but so has every other rider except the guy whos gone fishing.have we all forgotten melandri on the ducati.he goes to yam as 2nd rider.lorenzo shud win rossi easily so instead of highlighting the obvious in every msg why notwish the guy luck and hope it works out for the sake of the sport because love him or hate him rossi is still the biggest draw in moto gp

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stoner a grid filler?

He wasn't though, was he Reverend? That's a pretty flimsy little balsa wooden spoon you've stuck in there.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think you'll find Reverend

that the stat's show Stoner with a muscular 63% podium ratio of races started on the Duke. As opposed to a frankly feeble 8% for one Snr. V Rossi.

Interestingly Stoner's podium rate went up from '09 to '10. We could also extrapolate that curve upwards into 2011 and beyond. But we both know you've entered the Wosi realm of 'damned lies' with your extrapolation. Is he a mate of yours?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Correct me if I'm wrong Rev

But in this sport I thought we celebrated those standing on the box.

If we don't then what does this say about Dovi?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Valencia 2012

3rd place. Not a bad effort from a cripple merely riding around to finish and retire, not willing to stick his neck out in any which way or form.

Valencia was a truly damning indictment of the fully fit Dovi who finished another 30 seconds down the road from Stoner the cripple. Dovi was only a few seconds away from being lapped as Rossi was. The mark of a lead factory rider? Quite concerning.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices