Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

The fallout from Valentino Rossi’s disastrous two-year spell with Ducati is starting to be felt, with Filippo Preziosi and Alessandro Cicognani replaced in a major management shake-up. The highest profile casualty is Preziosi, who has been an instrumental figure at Ducati Corse since the Bologna factory entered MotoGP back in 2003. He was widely acclaimed in 2007 when Casey Stoner won the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 11:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Let's see - part two

Two ally frames 2012 - so same as HRC then Wosi.

2011. I don't recall HRC throwing much at their bike at all. Rossi had Ducati thrashing around constantly. Frst praising a new chassis or modification then condemning it. What were poor old Prezi and company to think as this yellow clown kept whining, excuse making and flip flopping. You neglected to mention that Rossi also had a choice of engine firing configuration and had a HRC-esque seemless gearbox fast tracked for him 2011.

I haven't been privy to Ducati Corse books as you seem to be, yet that's an awfully big pile of sponsor euro's you're suggesting Wosi.

Why did Stoner crash the thing five times 2010? The same reason Rossi crashed the fuggin' thing eleven times 2011. A front Bridgestone that was harder to get heat into and retain heat than the oppostion managed. You neglect to mention Stoner invaribly crashed whilst contending. Rossi? Well he just crashed.

Stoner's final two years with Ducati were streets ahead of Rossi's - non even remotely comparable.  Regular wins and podiums against what, a race direction gift podium, a wet podium and a two day testing advantage versus one hour for the rest  due to weather disturbances podium? Disgraceful for a factory lead rider.

Stoner was competitive on the Ducati on any given day. Rossi never amounted to anything more than a grid filler. Hard to see 2013 being any different for him.

As for Ducati, well their rider line up is certainly stronger than 2012. But against DP, JL and MM. Sorry they're all second tier.

Reply to this Topic
lordcharles

Nov 12

lordcharles says:

Your view ...

... is very adament against V. Rossi, to the point where the whole 2 yr partnership with Ducati and their lack of success, appears to be all Rossi's fault and his inability to ride a motorcycle, with an inherent design fault, why should he do that. Stoner was done with it, and all the crashes he had, the game has moved on now with Honda and Yamaha, and Rossi is not fool enough to put his reputation in the spotlight again, on the Yam unless he believes he can do well, so we need to wait and see the results of the next full testing session  before passing any judgement, that's only fair to a rider of his standing in the sport.  

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostro

LETS SEE -PART3

Two ally frames 2012 - so same as HRC then Wosi.

A totally new machine rolled out at laguna a bit more than two alloy frames..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Spear & Jackson.

What do you call a Kiwi with a spade in his hand?..Doug?

Wrong..Nostro.

New recruits Dovi and Spies have 8 seasons in GP between them, 5 on works machinery, and how many wins? Good luck with trying to convince us all that Ducati have a stronger line up. Fk me big brain..the butt end of your questionable humour, Hayden, has more than the pair of them put together..and a title.

Stoner was fast on any Sunday apart from when he was self appointed gravel inspector..can't win a title like that, as has been reiterated this year. Five times, all by himself within six laps. Cold tyres and a heavy fuel load magnifying the lack of front end feel that persists to this day.

The self same issue that clueless Prezel begged Furusawa to solve for him..that's cost him his job.

Nothing to say about Stoner barely beating Rossi's gap to benchmark Hayden? Haha..on a bike that was a lot closer then than it is now. The Japs have moved the goalposts.

C'mon mate..sticking your head in that pile of sand you're excavating is making you look silly.

Good practice mind..for how you'll feel if Rossi beats your boy Pedrosa.

Scarey.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

lordcharles

The 'inherent' design fault of the Duke won races a few weeks or so prior to VR hopping on it bud. One would assume that a 'GOAT' would beat, let alone match the efforts of a rider still yet to reach his prime?

As for .....................''and Rossi is not fool enough to put his reputation in the spotlight again, on the Yam unless he believes he can do well, so we need to wait and see the results of the next full testing session  before passing any judgement, that's only fair to a rider of his standing in the sport''.

Rossi IS fool enough to put his reputation on the line again. He's now a cash cow. Simple. But you are yours are happy so fairplay.

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Kiwis

Steady on Wosi don't badge us Kiwis all as single minded Stoner loving Vale hating antipodeans such as the "Pig Islander" lord encyclopaedia bullshit spreading, propaganda spinner, never wrong, don't agree with anyone that doesn't agree with me Nostro!! Sorry hope I didn't get that wrong as I forgot his middle name! Aaa ah bless.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Nostro good point......

"Rossi had Ducati thrashing around constantly. First praising a new chassis or modification then condemning it."

I think you got to the nub of things here, you would never get this flip flopping from the likes of stoner or lorenzo, how can the yellow army still claim Rossi as some sort of development genius when his feedback swayed 180 degrees seemingly on a daily basis.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pop, pop, pop goes Wosi

With his little pea shooter. Can't bring any real ammunition to the fight can you eh? 

What's that crazed nonsense you're rabbiting on about with Hayden? Stoner gapped him with ease despite his more frequent quarry work. Christ old Rossi wobbled about all of 2012 and only fell off once (Laguna - when he had a bit of a senior moment) yet was still sixty points behind Stoner's 2010 haul, as was Hayden that same year.

A very strident and confident 'if' there Wosi. Just like your little yellow man himself who on mediaset telly admitted a fear of not beating Lorenzo at all 2013 is what gives him sleepless nights. But no doubt you've got a bag of half arsed lame excuses at the ready.

Back under the sand our bitter little mollusc, I do believe you've got a bad case of neurotoxic shellfish poisoning categorised by yellow around the lips and frothing.

Oh and acanada you're right. It was three chassis' each 2012.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Forget Stoner and Lorenzo's flip flopping ego's of a non bike related nature like..

No, I will not go to Motegi from Casey and Lorenzo wanting to validate his 2010 championship by beating Rossi in a head-to-head, getting what he asked for at Motegi 2010, then whining and complaning to Yamaha.

It's difficult to constructively criticise in a technical manner when you haven't got a clue.

Stoner tells us he asked for stuff at Ducati but was ignored. He won't divulge what it was though..why? Because he didn't ask and was happy to be the only rider capable of results using his undoubted ability to ride around problems. After his first test on the Honda, it was rumoured he was doing somersaults of joy the bike was so much better than the GP10 he'd just hopped off. He didn't know what a good bike felt like as he'd never ridden anything but Prezels bastard.

Lorenzo jumped onto a fully developed championship winning bike. He didn't have to steer development direction, Rossi was there. His technical understanding is limited..which is why Yamaha want Rossi &co. back. They are worried their bike will stagnate under Jorge's lead. Think about it..other than we need more power, what have you ever heard Lorenzo say that is remotely technical?

Rossi towed the company line for over a year, even taking the can himself. He ran out of patience at Qatar this year and fired a warning broadside at Ducati. The writing was painted in dayglo on the wall. Ducati brought nothing to the table, so he approached Yamaha..who yanked his arm off to sign.

I thought a lot of you Rossi haters were here for the wind up and knew your onions but, the lack of depth to your knowledge and grasp of all things MotoGP..you're inability to think for yourselves and join the dots into a coherent perspective, has got me fearing for some decent banter this winter.

Where the fk are you Bob..? 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Two in a row..

..is rude , I know..but seeing as old wosis typing is slow and he was busy commenting as Nostro posted, I trust you'll forgive.

Nostro..as an ex racer of apparently some repute, you should know that the season and championship is everything.

Yet you try and absolve Stoners efforts by not counting race crashes? I couldn't of hoped for a better example to illustrate my point in the last paragraph below. Get your shit together old man.

Stoners gap to Hayden in 2010 was just 21pts more than that washed up sack of spuds Rossi this year..a tad over a point a race.

Lorenzo beat Pedrosa by 18pts on a slower bike. Should wosi discount Lorenzo's crash at Valencia and call Dani Pedrosa, who has won fk all, an embarassment?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices